The Office of Public Health Preparedness (OPHP) is a program of the Boston Public Health Commission (BPHC). The mission of OPHP is to enhance community, public health, and healthcare system resilience to prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies that impact the health of the public. OPHP envisions a resilient Boston through healthy, informed, and connected communities that are supported every day and during emergencies by strong, integrated public health and healthcare systems.
The Coordinator, Logistics will be primarily responsible for managing and coordinating the distribution of resources and supplies for COVID-19 response operations both internally and externally to City of Boston partners. In addition, the Coordinator will maintain OPHP inventory at sites throughout several BPHC campuses and will lead logistical coordination of resources for field sites such as COVID testing sites and mass dispensing sites. Responsibilities include:
* Manage public health emergency preparedness and response inventory and resources at all locations.
* Ensure critical facilities are in a constant state of readiness, including OPHP office spaces, the Medical Intelligence Center, warehouses, and other critical infrastructure. In coordination with other OPHP staff, ensure that the technology systems and platforms that support OPHP's emergency operations, including but not limited to telephones, computers, and audio-visual systems are fully operational.
* Coordinate with BPHC departments and subject matter experts to appropriately inspect and make recommendations on appropriate use of logistics resources, including but not limited to personal protective equipment (PPE), medication or medical materiel, and other medical supplies.
* Coordinate with various BPHC and Boston EMS departments to maintain OPHP vehicles and coordinate transportation of resources and supplies to various sites as needed.
* Establish and maintain processes for asset and inventory management, including resource allocation & maintenance, inventory tracking and reporting, and appropriate disposal of expired materials, with an emphasis on resource fulfillment for COVID-19 response operations.
* Ensures processes and protocols are in place to acquire and coordinate the distribution of critical commodities in both emergency conditions and for pre-planned events.
* Ensure files, records management, and proper closeout of all emergency logistics ordering/contract files, in collaboration with the OPHP Operations Manager.
* Staff the Stephen M. Lawlor Medical Intelligence Center (MIC) in a logistics capacity during emergencies affecting public health and healthcare.
* Maintain an ongoing awareness of OPHP plans, protocols, and procedures for daily and emergency operations.
* Work with local, state, federal, private, and non-governmental public health, healthcare, and human services partners on emergency logistics issues, projects, and programs.
* Represent OPHP at meetings, conferences and other events as needed.
* Participate in trainings and other educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of emergency preparedness, response, and recovery field.
* May be required to carry and use a cell phone when away from the office during emergencies
* Perform other duties to support OPHP operations as required. Core competencies include the ability to: describe the agency role and follow the chain of command in emergency response; demonstrate her/his role in regular drills; adapt to and support rapidly changing and evolving emergencies; and recognize deviations from the norm that might indicate an emergency and take/facilitate appropriate action(s) such as communicating clearly within the chain of command. Meets regularly with the Operations Manager regarding all aspects of program operations, including but not limited to matters pertaining to program staff and other confidential matters. Operates independently. Uses independent judgment and discretion to make decisions affecting the program and staff as it relates to program operations/services and BPHC policy.
BA/BS required OR High School diploma/GED and 4 years of professional experience managing logistics, resources, supply chains, or similar environment required.
* Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
* Ability to work cross functionally & communicate clearly (written and verbal) and in an engaging manner with colleagues of various levels of experience and management required.
* Ability to work as a member of a team and establish and maintain professional working relationships with others essential.
* Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. regularly required.
* Ability to operate under pressure when needed and a sense of urgency to meet deadlines is a must
* Ability to manage documentation, input data accurately and with great attention to detail required
* Ability to analyze and interpret information and data required.
* Ability to write clear, concise reports, and to follow and to give clear written and oral instructions is essential.
* Ability to prioritize and plan work activities with minimal supervision
* Exceptional organizational skills are required.
* Ability to meet deadlines and manage projects under stressful conditions is required.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding information accessed or discussed while performing the duties of the position required
* Knowledge & experience with MSOffice, MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint required
* Proven ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies a plus
* Experience managing logistics or operations during emergencies a plus.
* Knowledge of procurement and supply chain management best practices a plus.
Please attach a resume and job-specific cover letter to your online application.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled