Coordinates assessment of patients/residents to comply with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Department of Health requirements, assessing residents for Medicare and managed care benefits. Ensures continuous maintenance of Minimum Data Set (MDS) computer-records. Ensures the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
1. Coordinates and ensures completion of interdepartmental MDS for new, readmitted, quarterly and annual reviews, and significant-change-of-status residents/patients according to required Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA) & Prospective Payment System (PPS) schedules.
2. Completes and/or assures completion of documentation for Medicare reimbursement.
3. Reviews documentation of all disciplines and care plans to ensure regulatory compliance.
4. Reports deficient assessments promptly to effect immediate improvement.
5. Completes Resident Assessment Protocols (RAPS) for all patients/residents.
6. Ensures the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
• Participates on admission committee and comprehensive care plan meetings.
7. Prepares and conducts staff training and on-going education for MDS documentation.
8. Participates in performance improvement processes both within the facility and with transferring facilities to maximize reimbursement.
9. May Chair the Comprehensive Care Plan (CCP).
10. Performs related duties, as required.
• Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing, required.
• Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
• Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience, including Long Term Care (LTC) experience, required.