Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years' CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers. For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at https://jobs.cemex.com/.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of varied personnel involved in the daily operations of the cement plant as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Ensures plant operations, quality control, and production performed by his/her crews meet or exceed the requirements outlined by the Operations Manager
- Oversees operation of plant equipment in a safe and non-destructive manner
- Indicates when process parameters need to be altered to increase reliability, throughput, or reduce/increase labor
- Motivates his/her employees to work safely and productively
- Trains employees concerning operating procedures and equipment modifications and evaluates their skills, abilities, safety practices and behavior
- Conducts and attends weekly safety meetings
- Assigns work schedules and authorizes overtime and time-off as permitted by the needs of the department and in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and Company Policies
- Ensures that Operations Department tools and equipment are in good working condition and that adequate stocks of consumables are maintained
- Receives and attempts to resolve grievances to the levels provided for by the CBA
- Bachelors Dgree in technical field
- 3 to 5 years experience in the cement making process or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated troubleshooting ability
- Detail oriented and ability to set priorities and complete goals and objectives in a timely and orderly manner
- Strong written & verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Bargaining Unit experience desirable
- Demonstrated decision-making and leadership ability through performance, assessment & interview process is required
- Capable to work extended hours as needed
- Potentially hot, cold, dusty, etc
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Nearest Major Market: Sacramento