CENTERS is a management company that specializes in campus recreation. We partner with universities to manage their departments, facilities, finances, and deliver exceptional customer service. Since 1998, CENTERS remains the first and only mission centric organization committed to student development and departmental excellence on behalf of its clients. CENTERS is currently operating university campus recreation centers at ten site locations within the United States.
Mylan Park owns, programs, leases, and manages over 350 acres of mixed-use recreation, social, health, and wellness facilities for the Greater Morgantown community. Through a public private partnership with WVU, Mylan Park is also home to a variety of both indoor and outdoor Intramural, Club Sports, and NCAA Big 12 Collegiate Athletic programs. This partnership provides priority use of over 50 acres of field space, and more than 140,000 sq. ft. of state-of-the-art indoor facilities, for programs including WVU Swimming & Diving, indoor soccer, softball, rugby, flag football, WVU Women’s Track & Field, cheer, boxing, outdoor soccer, lacrosse, roller derby, and more.
The Coordinator of Reservations and Events has the direct responsibility of scheduling all park properties for both internal and external reservations. Setup, teardown, and event coordination are vetted through this position. Coordinator will also oversee all special events that are hosted and coordinated by park staff.
- Directly oversee and manage the scheduling of all facility spaces within the Park and any future indoor or outdoor facilities.
- Coordinate space allocation, including internal and external reservations and rentals.
- Conduct contract negotiations with outside users of the facility.
- Develop invoices, letters of agreements and confirmations for all rentals.
- Develop innovative strategies to increase external rentals.
- Coordinate pre-rental meetings with perspective rental groups.
- Attend and ensure proper execution of rentals at all large events.
- Coordinate staffing for all facility rentals and special events.
- Directly oversee rental and event setup and tear down crews.
- Responsible for maintaining a rental equipment inventory to include athletic equipment, chairs, tables, etc.
- Coordinate and maintain vendor relationships as they relate to event management.
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures for the park (facility space priorities, facility access, rules, etc.)
- Develop facility, program and service assessments for the areas of responsibilities.
- Assist in concession operations in the absence of a third party food provider.
- Assist in the maintenance, prepping, set-up, and tear-down of all indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Responsible for the operating, preparation, forecasting and monitoring of income and expense budgets as it relates to program area.
- Scheduling, recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating of staff to support park staff.
- Responsible for ensuring programs are in line with current industry trends.
- Manage budget, strategic planning, and assessment as it pertains to the area.
- Prepare regular written communication such as monthly and annual reports, financial and participation reports and equipment inventory reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
- At least two years of operations experience preferred.
- Experience working in a community recreation environment, strong communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of standard practices and demonstrated experience in recreational sports.
- Leadership and supervisory abilities.
- Ability to work as part of, and lead a team that collaborates effectively with colleagues.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm.
- Analytical skills to: identify problems, assess alternatives, and render consistent, logical decisions.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that values high expectations, accountability, and balanced lifestyle choices.
- Previous officiating and competitive sport experience preferred.
- Some knowledge of HR theories and best practices in recruitment and staff development.
- Basic accounting knowledge; capability of understanding budgets.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Adaptability, analytical & critical thinking, initiative & motivation, planning & project management, decision making & judgement, business acumen, customer service, teamwork, diversity awareness, interpersonal relationships, communication, integrity, leadership, long-term focus, organizational learning & change management.
Internal contacts include staff at all levels. External contacts include external customers and vendors. Contact involves troubleshooting, informing, exchanging information, negotiating, making recommendations, and giving information or instructions.
- Office environment/fitness center environment
- Non-smoking environment
- Moderate to loud noise
- Regional and national travel as needed
- Evening or weekend work as needed
- Sitting at desk or table for at least 70% of the work day
- Working in sport facilities/field environment at least 30% of day
- Repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement (while operating computer equipment)
- Occasional bending, stooping
- Eye-hand coordination (keyboard typing)
- Hearing and talking