The Coordinator, Special Events & Conferences will be responsible for assisting in the planning, coordination and execution of events for the firm’s family of companies as well as overseeing all administrative duties as they relate to each event (ordering supplies, shipping, expense reconciliation, etc.)
The Coordinator, Special Events & Conferences will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to all cross-company event and meeting support, including:
- Assist with the planning and execution of all events – internal and external, including all office holiday, summer and miscellaneous events, meetings, conferences, trainings, etc.
- Work closely with the VP, Special Events & Conferences on all Corporate Culture events and projects
- Provide general and granular level support to the sales team; inclusive of client services (i.e. gift research and ordering, mailings), conference research and registration, hotel bookings associated with a conference, organized dinners, events or outings as requested
- Reconcile the Events & Conferences Corporate Amex (collect and track expense receipts, get bill approved, work with accounting to make sure it is accurate and timely).
- Manage all billing and payment for all event related expenses (invoicing, check requests, payments)
- Responsible for maintaining the Marketing closet and inventorying all items housed in it. Maintain all collateral, brochure(s) and inventory tracking to ensure appropriate quantities of most needed items are always on hand.
- Create and manage shipping manifest for every event and oversee the packing of all items in the most organized way possible (clearly labeling each box’s content, numbering boxes, etc.)
- Order all corporate level awards (i.e. lucites)
- Assist with the research of hotels, restaurants and meeting spaces for upcoming events
- Assist with budget management for all events
- Help with the maintenance of the electronic storage system as it relates to events
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Marketing or a related discipline.
Experience: Minimum of 0-2 years’ of events experience. Certified Event Planning certificate is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite; knowledge of Salesforce and Cvent preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills, creative thinker and highly motivated
- Positive, can do attitude is a must. The job is sometimes dirty and we need someone who can roll up their sleeves and get it done
- Must be able to work collaboratively as well as independently
Travel: Up to 15%