WinCorp Solutions is actively conducting a search for a Copy Editor for our client, a globally recognized financial services and investment management company. This position is located in Los Angeles, CA area and will be a 6-month contract position, with benefits and full time W-2 employee.
We provide dynamic enterprise client project engagements, and have a focus on consultant care. Our philosophy is it is not just about clients, but respect for our key assets, our people.
- Immediate opportunity – Client actively seeking local candidates
- Full-time, long term, on-site consulting opportunity (40 hours/week)
Primary responsibilities/essential functions
- Copy edits and proofreads print and electronic materials for clarity, grammar, accuracy, consistency, style and tone, as well as disclosure requirements.
- Verifies statistics and facts against internal and external sources. Ensures materials are error-free.
- Recommends copyedits based on knowledge of target audience, as well as internal and external style guides.
- Updates and/or identifies changes to information in materials that require quarterly/annual updates, including, but not limited to, statistical information and changes in investment and risk disclosures.
- Utilizes appropriate tool(s) to ensure updates are displayed correctly on all appropriate web/digital pages. Copyedits and abridges content to fit sizing requirements as necessary.
- Monitors, tracks and incorporates all compliance language updates to ensure materials comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational and multitasking skills; demonstrated ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of spelling, punctuation, grammar and style guides and ability to apply that knowledge to work assignments; follows Chicago and AP styles.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment and across broad, diverse groups; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates ability to follow production schedules, track deliverables, solve problems and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of financial and investment concepts.