SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world's largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.SiriusXM.com/careers.
We have an amazing opportunity for a skilled Copy Manager to join Studio Resonate - the Advertising Creative team at Pandora. Studio Resonate is an audio-first, creative consultancy that sits at the crossroads of creativity and data, science and sound. The market leader in audio advertising, Studio Resonate has produced over 250,000 audio spots over the last five years.
This unique role will champion the creativity, storytelling, science, and technology of audio advertising, working closely with a team of creative directors, copywriters, designers and audio producers to create engaging work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
As the Copy Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of copywriters, overseeing and managing the production and development of the various client brands' voices across multiple advertising media platforms (Pandora's, SoundCloud, SiriusXM's and more). In this role, you will directly manage advertising copywriters across multiple offices and are responsible for both their creative and professional development.
You are a resourceful leader, a strategic problem solver and thrive in a fast paced environment. You are passionate about advertising, and in particular audio storytelling. You have a keen eye for spelling and are obsessive about the granular details of adverbs and oxford commas.You have an amazing portfolio and a passion for helping others become successful copywriters, leading by example -- solving creative problems using strategy, handling occasional chaos well, communicating effectively and remaining calm under pressure.
* Manage a team of copywriters, supporting your direct reports' career growth by providing ongoing feedback, coaching, and development opportunities.
* Model exceptional performance as a copywriter yourself, taking on the occasional copywriting project as needed.
* Oversee the creation of innovative, well-crafted writing for audio, display, and video, balancing the big picture with executional detail.
* Review and respond to daily requests for copy assignments.
* Identify and remove roadblocks to help the team work efficiently and effectively.
* Pursue knowledge of and share best practices, trends, and consumer insights.
* Develop strong relationships across the organization to gain an understanding of business needs and facilitate cross-functional collaboration.
* Understand and articulate how the work responds to the goals of the creative brief and advances the brand and the business to senior leadership.
* Lead brainstorms to generate advertising creative concepts for clients.
* Prepare team members for creative presentations and champion their work.
* 8+ years of experience as a copywriter in advertising, brand strategy, and/or marketing, including 2+ years managing a team.
* Solid understanding of the marketing funnel and proven ability and excitement for creating engaging and persuasive copy content for a variety of marketing channels, including brand campaigns, direct response advertising, email and social media.
* Familiar with both display and audio copy, specifically, the dynamic differences between written and spoken word.
* Can demonstrate their passion about music, podcasts and all kinds of audio storytelling.
* A collaborative nature with a knack for bringing people together.
* Must be flexible, self-motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented.
* Able to perform well in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines.
* Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and critical thinking skills.
* Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to respond in a thoughtful way to a broad range of creative and business leaders.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled