"The Copywriter develops and owns the brand's voice through authentic storytelling that results in increased brand awareness, sales and traffic. This position possesses skills and experience in idea generation and writing, that can flex from digital to social to traditional and short to long form. Under general supervision this position leads the development of copy, and works directly with the Creative Director to define the ""big idea"", and is ultimately responsible for the quality of the final deliverables. He/she inspires and builds confidence directly with the internal Creative team and Marketing leads in day-to-day interaction and presentation of concepts and ideas. This position will be the subject matter expert for their assigned brands - researching and thoroughly understanding key business objectives, challenges and competitive landscape.Concepting and Copywriting
* Collaborates with creative team to develop creative strategies, concepts and ideas that promote consumer engagement with the brand.
* Creates and writes copy in print and digital for advertising campaigns, in-store graphics, emails, presentations, display ads, websites, collateral, blogs, social media, and other media.
* Partners with the Creative team to contribute to the creation of concepts through active participation in brainstorms and other idea-generating sessions.
* Creates, develops and reviews copy to ensure consistency (e.g., style, tone, quality, etc.) and adherence to brand standards.
* Provides insightful ideas through keen knowledge of brand's business objectives, brand, consumer, and competitive landscape.
Participates in Knowledge Sharing
* Maintains knowledge of and shares current industry trends, strategies, and techniques ensuring the firm stays at the forefront of copy and content innovation.
* Informs team members on direction, style, and tone of copy to ensure consistency with brand voice.
Bachelor's Degree Language arts, business, marketing, communications, journalism, English, or other related field of study Pref
Portfolio of integrated campaigns and ideas that are brand building, extraordinary, and memorable across both digital and traditional platforms Req
2 years experience copywriting in advertising, marketing, or publishing Pref
2 years experience in varied media (e.g., digital, social, print, broadcast, etc.) Pref
Retail, restaurant, food, or beverage experience Pref
Skills and Abilities
Other * Intermediate conceptual skills with knowledge of how copy relates to art, design, graphics, and typography
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
* Digital Landscape fluency (e.g., eCommerce, websites, blogs, etc.)
* Knowledge of the rules governing the grammar usage of the English language and familiarity with standard reference texts
* Ability to convey clear, concise information in verbal, written, electronic, and other communication formats; and to demonstrate active listening while engaging others
* Ability to write clearly and informatively; to edit work for spelling and grammar; to read and accurately interpret written information; and to vary writing style to meet needs
* Ability to develop and maintain positive business relationships and foster an environment of mutual respect, understanding, trust, and support
* Ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of stakeholders (e.g., internal and external customers, etc.) in a timely manner
* Ability to work under time constraints to ensure critical deadlines are met; to professionally deal with non-routine situations and exceptions; and to effectively prioritize work
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled