Location: New York, NY
The Copywriter, Content Marketing will be responsible for using their words to bring SiriusXM's programming to life across a wide variety of marketing and promotional touches -- including, but not limited to, on-air promos, channel/show descriptions, in-app carousels, home page billboards, email newsletters, and Push notifications.
From bluegrass to 80s hair bands, football to hockey, uncensored standup to celebrity gossip, a broad spectrum of audiences will need to be engaged and the ideal candidate for this position will be able to seamlessly switch their writing style, tone and vocabulary to align with the content being promoted.
Broad copywriting expertise is therefore strongly preferred, with previous content marketing and/or journalistic experience at a major media company.
The candidate's core responsibilities will include: writing subscriber-facing promotional copy used across SiriusXM's app and marketing material (direct mail, email, etc.) reaching current, former and prospective listeners; writing and editing on-air messaging for hosts and recorded promos; and editing and proofreading newsletter headlines and ad hoc content promotion projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Write and edit in-app, Push and content positioning promotional copy with the primary goal of drawing subscribers and trialers in to discover a wide variety of music, sports, news and entertainment programming
* Write conversational on-air copy and recorded messaging as needed for corporate upsell campaigns and promotional programs, including marketing and programming initiatives
* Ensure consistency across platforms when app copy is used across multiple platforms (web site, social, on-air, newsletter, etc.)
* Help create SXM Content Promotion style guide
* Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure alignment with respect to how content is positioned
* Continually update style guide
* 3+ years experience in copywriting and editing pop culture content for a major media organization
* On-air promotion copywriting experience preferred but not required, in addition to the above
* Expertise in SEO- and SMO-headline writing and copy editing
* In-app copywriting expertise with understanding of best practices
Requirements and General Skills:
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Creative writing ability.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
* WordPress and CMS experience
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled