Location: New York, NY
The Digital Copywriter/Editor will develop creative and highly engaging copy for digital content distributed across various digital platforms, including social media platforms for the SiriusXM accounts; weekly subscriber-based newsletters; videos for PR, YouTube, and social media. The digital copywriter/editor will have a strong understanding of SEO- and SMO-headline writing for music, entertainment, news, and sports content. The role requires collaboration amongst various departments to gather digital assets and create newsletter and blog content. The digital copywriter/editor's responsibilities also include: transcribing video captions; writing photo captions, blog posts, social media posts, and headlines; editing content featured on the SiriusXM homepage, social media posts, video chyrons, video end cards, and special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Write and edit web copy across multiple platforms, including social media content, weekly newsletters, videos, and photo captions
* Ensure accuracy and consistency with all copy and incorporate revisions as needed
* Write SEO- and SMO-friendly headlines for newsletter, web, social, and video
* Ensure all digital content is optimized for best SEO search results
* Write various versions of headlines for multiple digital platforms and audiences
* Program multiple versions of weekly newsletter for targeted audiences
* Create WordPress content modules and gather assets for newsletter
* Create deep links for newsletter, blog, and social content
* Write headlines for targeted audiences
* Attend weekly planning meetings
* Help create SXM Digital style guide
* Work across departments to compile and continually update style guide
* 3+ years of experience working in media, marketing, entertainment or PR industry
* Social media expertise with an understanding of best practices
* Strong writing and editing skills
* Experience working with high-profile campaigns and clients a plus
Requirements and General Skills:
* 3+ years of experience in editing pop culture content.
* Expertise in SEO- and SMO-headline writing and copy editing.
* Social media expertise with understanding of best practices.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Creative writing ability.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Good public speaking and presentation skills.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S
* Experienced in Microsoft and Mac applications
* WordPress and CMS experience
* Adobe Premiere and Photoshop knowledge a plus
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled