Contend is a digital agency in Chinatown specializing in content with an endgame. We partner with brave clients who want to make their messaging a force for good in the marketing landscape.
We’re currently looking for a bold, innovative, strategic, creative Copywriter with the range to write concisely and compellingly on everything from technology services to consumer packaged goods (like snacks and stuff). The ideal candidate will be able to work collaboratively with our Creative team of designers, strategists, and animators to generate inspiring and insight-driven ideas as well as headlines, social media posts, captions, manifestos, email marketing campaigns, and come what may.
Your daily responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Writing! You love it. We love it. Whether it’s social copy, video script, or long-form content, you’re able to distill complex ideas into words that make people click, LOL, or think.
- Copy chameleon stuff! Adapt to brand voices and tones while adhering to predetermined style guides that are consistent across channels.
- Being comfortable in a conference room! Participate in brainstorming sessions and new business pitches.
- Collaborating with some weird and excellent people! Work with the Creative team in developing new concepts and/or optimizing existing campaign ideas for clients.
- Be a team player! Sometimes we’ll need help we didn’t anticipate, like recording a scratch vocal track for a voiceover commercial or writing a last minute script change on a livestream. Support the Creative team in the production process for all projects.
- If you ain’t solving problems, then WYD? We think the best work is smart work that solves dumb problems. Sometimes Creatives will work across disciplines to collaborate with Strategy, Accounts, and Production, to come up with the best possible creative solutions to business problems our clients have.
Desired Skills And Experience
- 1-3 years as a Copywriter in an agency or marketing environment
- Strong conceptual writing skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- An exceptional command of the English language, grammar, and syntax structure
- Driven, curious, and always seeking ways to grow, succeed, or innovate
- On top of all the cultural, design, and business trends
- Ability to work on a team and also work independently, under tight deadlines, while juggling multiple projects and tasks.
- Not afraid to roll up the sleeves and get sh*t done.
- This is a freelance position.