Copywriter, Marketing Specialist
The Copywriter, Marketing Specialist will be responsible for creative and compelling marketing campaign copy for external Imperva audiences. The copy is meant to enhance the quality and engagement of Imperva campaign communications, including emails, landing pages and micro sites, digital advertisements, blogs, webinar abstracts, direct mail, and other supporting campaign copy needs.
Candidates should possess a keen understanding of B2B marketing, with a strong background in integrated content creation and creative writing throughout the buyer journey and demand waterfall. Imperva is a leader in the fast-growing industry of cybersecurity, and we’re changing how our customer secure their data, and all paths to it. This is an exciting global opportunity that seeks an individual capable of writing attention-grabbing copy and content that attracts readers, generates a reaction and compels the reader to take action.
This position reports to the Director of Demand Marketing and Operations, and will work with cross-functional teams, including growth marketing, product marketing, global regional field marketing and web teams to provide a consistent, clear, and compelling message about Imperva and how we solve the cybersecurity needs of our customers and prospects.
- Write clear, concise, and conversational copy appropriate for security professionals and a broader Enterprise audience
- Partner with Growth and Regional Marketing teams to leverage Product Marketing-approved messaging to write engaging copy for global marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate closely with the Product Marketing Managers to ensure the communication of their core messages within marketing campaigns
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate review and approvals for all copy
- Apply SEO principles where necessary to maximize reach to our target audience
- Work with various cross-functional teams and reviewers to ensure a consistent brand voice
- Generate new ideas and ways to tell the Imperva story across multiple channels
- Develop and manage editorial communications calendar including but not limited to webinars, blogs, white papers, etc
Knowledge & Skills
- 5 years’ post-undergraduate experience as a copywriter for successful B2B products or services
(display, native, and video ads) for B2B technology companies
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, journalism, communications, or a related field
- A strong focus on results in the form of conversion rates, engagement, and sales
- Innovative thinker with a passion for generating new ideas, nurturing a culture of creative, and continuing to raise the bar on business performance
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Strong decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated proficiency in oral and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting
- An understanding of search engine optimization and customer lifecycle marketing is a plus
- Familiarity with Demand Generation, International Field Marketing, Salesforce and Marketo a plus
- Background in the cyber security industry a plus
To Apply: Visit our Careers page
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.