Through our carefully curated selection of merchandise, we guide and inspire our customers to make style a creative source of energy in their lives. Bloomingdales.com has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Copywriter to contribute to our in-house online creative team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized person to produce informative, accurate and on-brand product descriptions. Our ideal candidate is highly creative, curious, and loves words as much as they love design and fashion. Performed other duties as assigned.
• Write clear, informative, accurate and brand-right descriptions for men’s clothing and accessories.
• Keep the customer top of mind by creating detail-rich content that helps the shopper make confident purchase decisions.
• Ensure consistency and adherence to bloomingdales.com copy and legal standards.
• Continuously develop and learn other divisions to provide team vacation coverage.
• Effectively manage the production workflow for assigned families of business: meet strict deadlines and communicate effectively to supervisor and cross-functional teams.
• Attend all merchandise presentation meetings.
• Maintain high standards for writing and proofreading.
• Regular, dependable attendance punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, journalism, communications, advertising or marketing.
• Minimum 2-4 years copywriting experience in retail, advertising, direct marketing or publishing.
• Background in fashion retail highly desirable.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to manage workflow independently and effectively with minimal direction
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Working knowledge of fashion terminology, particularly men’s fashion
• Ability to work independently as well as partner with others and work well within a team
• Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to adhere to deadlines
• Ability to write in various styles for diverse audiences
• Familiarity with e-commerce including an awareness/opinions regarding the direction of copy and advertising
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.