About BFA INDUSTRIES:
BFA Industries inspires everyone to express themselves, making beauty accessible for all. Through product innovation, machine learning technology, and a community-first mindset, we democratize beauty by delivering not only personalized experiences, but a feeling of authentic self-expression. We’re home to the largest beauty subscription brands in the world: IPSY and BoxyCharm, as well as brand incubator, Madeby Collective, and personal care brand, Refreshments and have a beauty community that’s over 30M strong. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, Miami, Santa Monica, and Argentina, BFA brings together a diverse group of entrepreneurial thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done.
Refreshments, a BFA Industries brand, was founded in 2020 and is a direct-to-consumer personal care brand with extra fun face and body essentials, perfect for jazzing up any bathroom routine. Refreshments set out to create the highest quality products at the best value. All products are formulated with clean, cruelty-free, gluten-free, 100% vegan ingredients, sustainable packaging and are available on Refreshments.com and through a membership at IPSY, the largest beauty subscription in the world. Refreshments’ primary offices are in San Mateo, Santa Monica, and New York.
About the Role:
We are looking for a hardworking, experienced Copywriter to support our marketing copy needs, and establish a distinct, streamlined brand voice across marketing channels. You will be responsible for all copies pertaining to the brand(s), product names, packaging copy, e-commerce, email, social, and video.
Applicants with both writing and beauty experience and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment are the perfect fit! Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with the Marketing Director and Principal Designer to conceive of original campaign concepts
- Own and implement the brand voice across all channels. Primary channels are email and site, secondary are social, print, video
- Attend project kick-offs, execute on various types of project briefs, paying close attention to marketing objectives and copy requests
- Partner with the Design team to ensure copy is accurately flowed into the design and finds integrated visual/copy solutions
- Take ownership of deadlines and follows project schedules and updates
- Stay current on personal care industry trends, social trends, and competitors (Billie, Flamingo…)
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of experience writing for personal care, lifestyle, or beauty brands, with a focus on digital
- Creative self-starter; ability to multi-task and hustle in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Curiosity, intellect, and a passion for great ideas; the ability to bring them to life is essential
- Strong social skills to collaborate effectively with designers, marketers, and other cross-functional partners
- Love of detail and highly organized
- You are open-minded and resourceful with a knack for problem-solving
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.