|Job Id|| E1970038|
|Job Title||Core Platform and Embedded Software Test Engineer|
|Company||Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.|
|Job Area||Engineering - Test |
|Location||California - San Diego |
|Job Overview||Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.|
- This is a Test Engineer position within QCTs Core Platform and Secure Systems test. In this role the candidate will be working on a team responsible for testing security APIs, and drivers/features for hardware blocks such as USB controller, clock regime, I2C/SPI controller, power management IC (PMIC), and PCIe. The team supports commercialization of drivers, PMIC, clocks, buses, peripherals, services, storage, boot, and security on Qualcomm chip sets through a combination of API/driver testing (white-box) and feature end to end system testing (black-box). The team contributes to testing throughout the life-cycle, including unit, integration, and system level testing.
- The role involves a good mix of hands on testing of the products and SW development of test cases and automation using a combination of C, Python, and Perl. Candidate will be responsible for development of test plans and automated test cases for new features. Candidate will be testing the products by utilizing the understanding of the following key topics: driver testing, mobile device testing, the interaction of test and development tools with the embedded devices, API testing, and technical knowledge of the Qualcomm solution. At a minimum, a basic understanding of system-on-chip technologies will assure the success of the candidate.
- Additionally, the candidate will be interacting with various project teams.
Engineers will be responsible for developing SW test drivers and/or test automation which may include some of the following responsibilities:
- Test development, troubleshooting and problem resolution on embedded Android, modem, IOT, and automotive platforms
- Test application design, coding and test development for system-on-chip products
- Test the interactions between drivers and with CDMA/UMTS Modem and Multimedia applications
- Profile and optimize CPU usage, performance and power consumption of the various SW drivers
- Interact in a team environment with developers, system engineers and testers
- Work closely with systems, software teams and test teams to develop test/test apps at both API level and system level for specific drivers, multimedia technologies like advanced video, camera, audio, augmented reality and graphics, operating system and system level features like thermal mitigation, mobile power optimization, and content protection
|All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.|
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
|Preferred Qualifications||New graduate, or one to two years of work experience testing embedded software and/or test automation.|
- Some understanding of test methodology and test processes, including requirements collection, test plan development, and test case implementation
- Interest in developing test cases and automation with strong programming skills (in C/C++)
- Understanding of SW driver implementation
- Lab and hands-on debugging skills; ability to do initial debug and isolate failures
- Understanding of basic circuit/electronics
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to time-share and prioritize between multiple tasks is crucial
- Some understanding of computer architecture and real-time operating systems
- Some understanding of the software development cycle
- ARM experience is a plus
- Exposure to pre-silicon hardware simulators and emulators is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in Bluetooth, GPS, Graphics and WLAN is a plus
- Knowledge of CDMA2000, 1xEV-DO, WCDMAGSM/GPRS, LTE, and TD-SCDMA is a plus
- Experience in using wireless test equipment is a plus
- Application development experience in either Android, Windows, or QNX platforms is a plus
- Communication skills, be an effective team player, and be able to work independently.
|Education Requirements||Required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.|
Preferred: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering.
|Keywords||drivers, buses, clocks, UEFI, I2C, SPI, USB, C, automation, PCIe, DRM, security, encryption, cryptography|