****STILL LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE****** IS IT YOU???? KID FRIENDLY? LIKE TO HAVE FUN AT WORK?****
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Placement of restorations within Dental Standards and regulations per your license
- Welcoming patients in the dental office, greeting patients in waiting area, escorting patients to the operatory ensuring proper set up procedures.
- Asking about the patient's medical history, make accurate chart entries and assure thorough completion of forms and signatures.
- Preparing patients for treatments or checkups ensuring their comfort (before, during and after treatment) and answering any questions they have.
- Assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures.
- Conducting post-operative and post-treatment procedures
- Taking dental radiographs (x-rays), as needed.
- Serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment.
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatments.
- Stock operatories and maintain clinical supply inventory.
- Maintain a sterile and neat working environment according to current infection control procedures meeting OSHA/WISHA standards.
- Providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling).
- Teaching patient’s appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;
(e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling).
- Communicating with patients and suppliers (e.g., scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, billing and ordering supplies).
- Review daily schedule to set up appropriate trays and instruments and monitors patient flow.
- Assist in front office procedures if time allows or need is determined by Team Leader.
- The dental assistant performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical skills.
- Assists with health fairs, presentations as needed.
- Attends required compliance and team trainings.
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: 30.00 Hourly