Corporate IT - Software Developer
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Evaluate user requests for new or modified programs, cost and time required, compatibility with current systems, and computer capabilities.
- Consult with user to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
- Formulate plans outlining steps required to develop programs, using structured analysis and design. Prepare flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
- Design user interfaces to accomplish goals of request.
- Convert project specifications, using flowcharts and diagrams, into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
- Replace, delete, or modify code to correct errors. Analyze, review, and alter program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections; write manual for users to describe installation and operating procedures.
- Customize, generate and maintain SQL reports across multiple departments.
- Provide application support and administration for the MRI environment.
- Oversee installation of hardware and software; provide technical assistance to program users.
Primary Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field preferred
- 3-5 years experience in programming and system analysis, MRI experience a plus
- Ability & experience to author sophisticated queries using available SQL features
- Software development language experience in SQL, ASP.NET, C#, and Web technologies (HTML, CSS, DHTML, XML, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- High attention to detail, as well as, superior analytical and time management skills
- Must be a highly motivated, goal-oriented, collaborative team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills