Tenneco, Inc. has recently acquired Federal Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for a Corporate Accounting Analyst to join our controllership team. This position will support key centralized corporate accounting functions and public company reporting and compliance activities. As a key member of the corporate accounting team, this position will have responsibility for execution of close activities, recording journal entries, preparing reconciliations and analysis and supporting the preparation of budgets, forecasts and strategic plans. The Corporate Accounting Analyst will be a valued member of the Corporate Finance Group where we strive to promote from within wherever possible; therefore, opportunities for advancement are strong.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager.We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations for corporate ledgers across multiple ERP systems
- Prepare journal entries as part of the monthly close process
- Develop timely and insightful financial reporting and analysis
- Support the preparation of budgets, forecasts and strategic plans for the business
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies in a SOX environment and work with internal and external auditors as needed
- Participate in the ongoing development / establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes
- Demonstrate thought leadership in process improvements, system enhancements and development of analytical tools to support a more streamlined financial reporting function and better analytics
- Cross-train with other colleagues to develop expertise in the overall financial close process and ensure continuity
- Support technical accounting projects for the controllership group as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from accredited university, Masters preferred
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- CPA strongly preferred, CPA candidates considered
- 1-2 years of experience in a big-4 or large public company environment (global manufacturing preferred, but not required)
- Must be an innovative change agent with strong organizational skills and a passion for continual process improvement
- Highly detail-oriented with strong organization and problem-solving skills
- A team player with excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to address conflict appropriately
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard concepts, practices and procedures of public company accounting
- Advanced skills in Excel and MS Office suite required with experience in SAP, HFM/OneStream, Workiva, Blackline preferred