Interested in working with one of the markets leading manufacturers? The Greenheck Group is a leading growth-focused, environmentally conscious, commercial HVAC manufacturer. Join our team which proudly designs and manufactures the most comprehensive line of ventilation products in the industry. The Greenheck Group is a dynamic multi- branded international organization. Our equipment is used worldwide in commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities, ranging from comfort ventilation to manufacturing processes. Our efficient products improve comfort, safety, and health of lives across the planet. Since 1947, we are deeply committed to helping you “Build Your Future,” through professional growth, challenging leadership roles, and exciting opportunities around the world.
2020 Summer Intern - Corporate Accounting
If you are working on a degree in accounting, finance or business management and have a desire to apply your knowledge within a manufacturing organization, your next great career opportunity could be with Greenheck (a Greenheck Group company).
In this internship, you will gain knowledge and understanding of the business through projects within Corporate Accounting.
The ideal candidate:
- Graduating in less than 1 year
- Strong desire to be involved in accounting (general or tax), treasury, or finance (cost accounting, operations finance, or analytics) within a manufacturing environment
- A desire and ability to work well both independently and in teams
- Willingness to engage others through strong communication
- An inquisitive individual that has a desire to gain knowledge through experience
In return, at Greenheck you will find a winning culture that will invest in you and your future. You will:
- Get the training and the opportunity to make a difference
- Be part of a growing organization that invests in our products, facilities, systems, processes and teams to make sure we stay on top of our game
- Be part of a global organization with solid financial results, a solid reputation in the industry and within area communities, with opportunities for personal and professional growth
We invite you to “build your future” here. If you are up for a professional challenge in a great personal work environment, please apply online at http://careers.greenheck.com.
Areas and Projects you could be involved with:
- Learn the overall monthly cycle in Corporate Accounting
- Assist with the month end closing process and prepare assigned journal entries
- Train with the Corporate Accountants to learn the intricacies of the balance sheet reconciliation process
- Prepare the monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Research and clear balance sheet reconciliation variances
- Learn how to use Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC) to assist with reporting needs
- Assist with the closure of the capital expenditure projects
- Gather information and backup for the capital project post audits
- Audit fixed asset listings for business units and Shared Service areas that have not been reviewed recently
- Obtain active fixed asset listing and with assistance of department personnel to determine whether asset still exists or should be removed from fixed asset records
- Provided retirement and transfer information to Corporate Accountant to process in Sage Fixed Asset System
- Work closely with corporate accounting and risk management to plan and execute internal control testing for processes that represent high value add to the organization or are considered opportunities to mitigate risks
- Prepare and update department policies, processes and procedures as a result of internal control testing
- Work with various departments to Identify and implement continuous department improvement opportunities