Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland LLC, a $3.4BN global specialty chemical company has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Corporate Application Services to join our global IT team at our Wilmington, DE or Dublin, OH site. The successful candidate will provide leadership for the team responsible for developing and supporting applications used globally by the Ashland corporate teams and customers. The position requires a commitment to customer satisfaction paired with innovative application development solutions. It is a highly visible position requiring interactions across IT and the Ashland resource groups. The position will report to the Director, Applications and Technology Delivery and be a member of the leadership team.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Leadership of a multi-platform application development and operations team based on Java, SharePoint and SAP technical development (ABAP, Fiori etc.)
· Active member of the Applications and Technology leadership team with direct IT customer interactions
· Manage team responsible for a set of Corporate applications: SAP Finance, SAP technical development, HR, and Legal
· SAP Application production services and landscape management
· Manage software development lifecycle – requirements to implementation to retirement
· Drive project portfolio delivery based on priority and benefits
· Ensure implementation of application development standards and strategy
· End to end application development platform ownership including TCO and road-mapping
· High quality solution delivery via analytic driven improvements, application performance and security testing
· Primarily travel to US corporate locations; Limited travel to overseas locations
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
· 8+ years software development experience in Web / SharePoint platforms
· 5+ years managing technical staff; multiple teams
· Off-shore resource management experience
· Strong understanding of UI development
· Resource planning via Agile/Scrum including feature roadmaps
· Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- SAP Fiori experience
- Multi-channel development with emphasis on mobile
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, personal care and pharmaceutical. Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer.
At Ashland our vision is to be a leading, global specialty chemicals company whose inspired and engaged employees add value to all we touch. In fact our people, employees, customers and vendors define who we are. They are the driving force behind everything we do.
Not only do we value our customers but we value our employees, and we work to offer them a dynamic and challenging environment. We hold ourselves to high standards at Ashland, and we value integrity and honesty.
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.