General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
As a Corporate Communications Associate, you will report to the manager of Corporate Content and Channels and be responsible for creating effective editorial content for the General Mills intranet, and also assist with creating content for the company’s blog, corporate social media channels and website. This individual will primarily manage day-to-day editorial content publishing on the intranet (including a daily employee email newsletter) and support various intranet content projects. Working in close collaboration with Corporate Communications colleagues, technical teams, internal/external stakeholders and agency partners, this individual will ensure the goals and objectives of the intranet are reached. The Corporate Communications Associate will bring best practice strategies and emerging trends in content development, strategy, management, design and distribution to the role, with an emphasis on user experience for a global audience.
- Serve as a strategic and collaborative partner with the Corporate Content and Channels Manager, and the Content and Channels team, Corporate Communications, technical teams, internal/external stakeholders and agency partners, to drive engagement on the intranet, to enhance the reputation of the company and its brands with internal stakeholders.
- Create effective storytelling and content optimized for the user experience (text, multimedia, graphic design), and manage day-to-day workflow and changes on the intranet.
- Use data to measure the success of intranet communications, and make recommendations on how to improve, to Corporate Communications and teams across the company.
- Serve as a strategic partner with the entire Corporate Communications team, supporting various initiatives, as assigned.
- Help maintain and execute a vision and roadmap for a sustainable and scalable intranet that clearly communicates the company's strategies, goals and performance.
- Self-starter, problem solver with minimum 2-5 years of professional experience working in corporate communications or a PR agency
- Experience with both internal and external communications
- Excellent writing skills with proven success in a variety of formats
- Strong communication skills and experience counseling business partners to achieve strong communications outcomes
- Ability to distill complex information into clear, concise messaging
- Ability to consistently deliver on tight deadlines while prioritizing and advancing several projects simultaneously and maintaining strong attention to detail
- Ability to successfully navigate a matrixed organization across functions, levels and geographies
- Experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong multimedia (video/audio production and editing, photography, graphics) and research skills
- Comfortable using CMS to publish or share content (i.e. Sitecore)
- Familiar with email software (i.e. Poppulo)
- Social media management experience