Reporting to the President & CEO and serving as an integral member of the executive leadership team, the Director of Corporate Communications is responsible for formulating and executing a comprehensive internal and external communications framework and strategy that will significantly influence the way the business communicates, supports change, engages employees, and shapes the culture to ultimately enhance and continuously improve employee and customer experiences. With an emphasis on brand identity, this role also serves to strengthen Boral North America's (BNA) position as a market leader, directly managing branding and communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization's brand recognition and reputation.
- Comply with Boral Safety Policies and Procedures
- Regular attendance, timeliness and scheduling flexibility
- Understand short-term and long-term business objectives and implement communications programs and processes to drive, in an impactful, proactive and meaningful way, employee engagement and excitement towards those objectives.
- Work collaboratively with business unit and cross-functional leaders, providing leadership and direction, to ensure communications are aligned, coordinated, and proactively drive company values, leadership philosophies and desired culture; ensure corporate communications is in lockstep with and fully leverages existing company initiatives and programs.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization, recognizing internal and external marketing and communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Manage development and execution of internal communications such as newsletters, organizational and program announcements, special projects communication strategy and crisis management programs.
- Build employee understanding, excitement and support for initiatives such as new business offerings, services, and tools.
- Recruit and manage a corporate brand and communications team, including agencies, to support the development and execution of Communications Department strategies.
Corporate Brand and Messaging
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance Boral's brand identity, broaden awareness of its products, and increase the visibility of the portfolio of brands both externally and internally to its customers, partners, employees and the media.
- Oversee BNA's Marketing Council and the planning and execution of Council initiatives including Division brand architecture and strategy; web and social media; national trade show strategy, planning, budgeting and execution; global brand, marketing and communications initiatives; and Investor and Board of Directors meetings.
- Seek and implement creative new delivery methods for communicating key messages to both external and internal audiences, including digital, video and social; lead the management and execution of company intranet content and communications approach.
- Support and communicate Boral's participation in charitable giving, volunteering and employee and or company activities in support of Boral's value to give back in the communities we live and work in.
- Supervise agency partners, and internal partners to create or repurpose compelling creative assets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Progressive thinker and self-starter with the confidence and the experience to guide and shape a communications agenda that has executive endorsement, as well as an ability to partner with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and Boral's Board of Directors and staff.
- Proven experience in planning, editing, and production of newsletters, press releases, marketing literature, and other print and digital publications and directories.
- Direct experience managing and developing marketing, communications and public relations professionals.
- Ability to build credibility and trust by demonstrating high ethical standards. Extreme discretion, as work may involve confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to conceive of and direct events.
- Communicate effectively and tactfully with managers and other levels of personnel, in person and on the telephone.
- Lead through influence, flexibility and diplomacy.
- Ability to think, plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Work well under time constraint.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Handle confidential information.
- Work independently as needed.