Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Corporate Communications Manager to support its Monetization Communications team. The successful candidate has experience in developing and executing high-profile communication initiatives and brings deep knowledge in PR across advertising, product and policy initiatives. The candidate will also have experience dealing with high-profile individuals and top-tier press and influencers.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, CA or San Francisco, CA.
1. Develop strategies and own day-to-day execution for global public relations programs related to monetization products and programs, specifically advertising product initiatives
2. Protect and enhance the reputation of Facebook and its products in core business and advertising markets
3. Maintain strong media relationships across all types of media outlets, develop story ideas and manage stories
4. Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across the company, including global counterparts and partners
5. Work with external audiences to education people about our business and advertising products, including but not limited to people, analysts, influencers
6. Support and manage the creation of press materials and customer/partner reference programs in key countries globally
7. Organize press briefings, media sessions, and events
8. Prepare briefing materials and manage executive spokespeople
9. Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or a related discipline
10. 7+ years professional experience working in public relations/corporate communications
11. Experience building relationships with reporters and influencers
12. Proven drafting experience
13. Experience working with senior executives
14. Experience communicating to an employee population of technologists and engineers
15. Experience in the advertising and/or technology industries
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.