Position: Corporate Consolidation Senior Manager
Location: Charlotte, NC
About the Role:
The Corporate Consolidation Senior Manager will own and lead the company’s monthly close and consolidation process and the preparation of internal reporting packages. This position will supervise the general ledger team (3-4 people) and drive the monthly financial close calendar. This position will work closely with the external reporting function in ensuring the accuracy of the Company’s financial statements and relevant disclosures. This position will report to the VP-Corporate Controller.
What you get to do in this role:
- Manage the monthly close and financial statement consolidation.
- Review of monthly financial statements by subsidiary and at a consolidated basis.
- Primary reviewer of key balance sheet reconciliations.
- Supervise the preparation of monthly internal reporting packages and be the primary reviewer of such deliverables.
- Primary reviewer of monthly fluctuation analyses by subsidiary.
- Coordination of deliverables to external auditors and be the primary liaison for the audit team.
- Work closely with the external reporting team to ensure timely and accurate delivery of financial statements and related disclosures necessary for the Company’s external reporting process.
- Driver of performance improvement initiatives
- Partner with various department leads regularly to ensure information needed for monthly financial close process is obtained timely and in an accurate manner (eg: marketing, professional services)
- Participate in department and inter-departmental process improvement and documentation
- Support the corporate controller in driving change and performance improvement.
- Participate/lead other ad-hoc projects as needed
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ plus years working in a corporate consolidation positions, with 2 years in a leadership role, preferably in a public company.
- Extensive experience with US GAAP including consolidation accounting under ASC 810 and 830 required.
- Minimum 2 years management experience, with demonstrated strengths in team building and managing performance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience managing multi location teams (remote teams).
- Self-Starter, who is very comfortable working independently, but also works well within and across teams.
- Strong problem solving, planning, quality control, adaptability and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Detailed oriented with excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Process-oriented with experience in documenting processes and procedures.
- Experience with NetSuite and Blackline applications is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- CPA preferred