HomeServe USA, ranked as a 2017 Top Work Place, provides emergency repair plans which are like roadside assistance for your home. Our vision is to become the top-of-mind solution for consumers when something goes wrong in their home. Our incredible growth is fueled by a dynamic team who values collaboration, innovation and delivering exceptional customer service, all while working in a fun and friendly environment. HomeServe USA is part of a global organization that serves millions of customers in the US, UK, France, Italy and Spain. Come see why you should work for HomeServe USA!
The VP, Corporate Controller (CC) will have overall responsibility for leading and managing all Accounting and Treasury activities for the U.S. business. This will include the development and implementation of policies ensuring that we maintain a rigorous and robust internal control environment and monthly close process and that all accounting at HomeServe USA is in accordance with IFRS standards and HomeServe Group plc policies. The CC will manage all interactions with external auditors and promptly remedy any issues/gaps raised in audit reports or management letters, including those from internal audit. The CC will also be responsible for ensuring that all balance sheet and key trial balance accounts are effectively reconciled on a timely basis. This will be accomplished by recruiting, developing and leading an accounting team. The CC will also be responsible for recruiting, developing, leading and mentoring personnel that will be responsible for all transactional accounting activities of HomeServe USA including Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and customer refund processing. Finally, the CC will be responsible for developing effective policies for forecasting sources and uses of cash including the careful analysis of working capital trends.
- Develop and implement effective and efficient policies supporting a rigorous internal accounting control environment and an effective month-end close process
- Direct our interactions with External Auditors and Internal Auditors (Group Assurance)
- Ensure that all preparatory work is prepared in an efficient and effective manner for these stakeholders
- Ensure that all audit engagements are planned and executed effectively and that any points raised in management letters are remediated swiftly
- Ensure that HomeServe USA accounting policies are in accordance with IFRS and Group plc accounting guidance
- Ensure that the company balance sheet is rigorously controlled with reconciliations for all accounts performed and reviewed on a regular basis (no less frequent than monthly) and all reconciling items cleared off reconciliations on a timely basis
- Manage and administer the administration of all intercompany and intra-company royalty/loan agreements
- Manage Treasury activities here in the U.S with careful coordination with the HomeServe plc Group
- Oversee all cash management procedures and cash flow forecasts
- Perform all acquisition accounting and maintain impairment testing, working closely with the M&A team; ensure that all material judgment areas are pre-reviewed with and approved by the EVP Finance and the CFO
- Provide active accounting team support to the Sourcing department
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in accounting or auditing
- CPA certification required and MBA strongly preferred
- Strong technical accounting knowledge in both U.S. GAAP and IFRS
- Big 4 accounting firm experience strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of financial systems software is required (Oracle, Hyperion, Excel etc.)
- Strong knowledge of tax matters preferred
- Experience managing financial operations: Accounts Payable, cash receipts processing and/or customer refunds processing required
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley compliance preferred
- Ability to be an effective team leader of large teams with divergent responsibilities and accountabilities
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner and to display initiative
- Demonstrated success working both individually and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline oriented environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail is required
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in order to deal effectively with a variety of interpersonal relationships and situations.
- Ability to cultivate strong working relationships with personnel from various areas of responsibility within the organization and interact with employees (at all levels of the company), customers and vendors in a professional manner.
In return we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Business-casual attire throughout the week
- Friendly, open and team oriented work atmosphere
- Excellent benefits including generous medical, vision, dental and life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
HomeServe USA is an equal opportunity employer.