SEEKING AN EXPERIENCED CORPORATE CONTROLLER FOR A MULTI-STATE FLOOR COVERING DISTRIBUTOR
Galleher LLC is a top-5 nationally ranked and admired floor covering distributor with sales in excess of $200mm and over 25 locations. With roots going back to 1937, the company is among the fastest growing and most innovative organizations in the flooring industry. In 2017, Galleher ownership partnered with Quad-C Management to collectively embark on a strategy of acquisition, proprietary line expansion and transformation to take advantage of unique market opportunities.
The Corporate Controller will supervise the accounting team and provide support to the CFO to effectively manage the company financial operations. The Controller will be responsible for all accounting and administrative duties necessary to issue timely and complete monthly financial statements and the annual audited statements. This includes, but is not limited to, reconciling the general ledger, and maintaining the accounting systems. This position will work directly with the CFO and will closely coordinate his/her activities with other members of the company’s executive team. You must have extensive knowledge of GAAP and substantial experience creating and managing financial statements.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to internal controls, accounting policies and procedures, in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage month-end closing activities, journal entries, account reconciliations, accruals, revenue recognition, and financial statement preparation.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of the financial records, computer financial management system, chart of accounts and vendor files.
- Lead the accounts payable function, performs all types of payments, leases with the bank, and perform monthly bank reconciliations, prepares payment and advance requests.
- Work with our FPA staff to prepare and present financial reports and risk analysis, create budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Supervise and maintain current and future properties: leases/rents/purchase agreements, acquisitions, and property tax payments.
- Obtain and maintain SUI or other tax documents required for payroll purposes.
- Manage and comply with local, state and federal reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Maintain financial staff by recruiting, interviewing, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain financial staff performance by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans strictly confidential.
Audit and Compliance
- Coordinate the information, schedules and preparation for the annual audits.
- Maintain audit files with all relevant documentation, including budget, budget narrative, financial reports, sub-award documents and other relevant paperwork.
- Ensure all documents are readily accessible in a timely manner during the audit process. Work with the CFO in all matters related to audit inquiries.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Work with IT and other departments on automation of accounting department workflows.
- Participate in all appropriate activities related to an upcoming computer conversion.
- Reconcile project advance and other accounts with general ledger.
- Stay up-to-date with U.S. Govt. regulations on cost principles and audits. Participate in relevant capacity building events to enhance understanding of applicable federal regulations.
- Review of credit card expense reports and statements. Ensure all required documents are attached, calculations are correct and appropriate approvals are made.
- Review of travel claims and perform advances reconciliation. Ensure all required documents are attached, calculations are correct and appropriate approvals are made.
- Record journal entries and invoices using INFOR accounting system.
- Assist with processing of payments in a timely manner (wires and checks).
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Manage the month-end and the year-end closing processes.
- Send confirmations to vendors and sub-contractors of payments made.
- Maintain filing system in the accounting unit.
- Conduct general administrative functions as requested in support of the human resources department.
- Be adaptable and flexible to take on new tasks and assignments as requested from time to time.
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- CPA is desired but not required.
- Experience on INFOR or a Tier One ERP System is essential.
- Experience in a wholesales distribution environment is very beneficial
- Strong inventory experience is desired
- Experience with a computer conversion project is very helpful
- At least ten (10) years of progressive accounting experience.
- Strong computer skills and experience using financial management software.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Must have excellent communication skills and a strong ability to accomplish tasks through collaboration with others.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the organization.
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and make sound decisions, without close supervision.
The corporate headquarters for Galleher are located in Santa Fe Springs, CA. The company employs approximately 325 team members and has facilities in CA, NV, AZ and UT. Remote employees also work in OR, FL and ID. The company is in the process of converting from a 20 year industry specific ERP system to INFOR with the conversion date scheduled for February 2021. Galleher offers a comprehensive benefits package including: competitive salary and bonus, health care benefits, 401k retirement plan and vacation and PTO
Galleher is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.