Model N is looking for a talented and creative attorney who is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts and driving business.The Corporate Counsel 2 will report to the Director, Legal. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with the sales, finance, product and marketing teams, along with significant exposure to the management team. We are looking for someone with strong communication and analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and excellent negotiating and drafting acumen. As Commercial Counsel at Model N, you will operate as a part of a small and agile team and work closely with our internal business partners to provide practical and productive legal advice.
- Negotiating and drafting customer agreements for Model N’s SaaS solutions including vendor contracts, software licenses, statements of work for related professional services, strategic partner contracts, reseller arrangements, OEM, and technology development agreements.
- Assist with general corporate, commercial, and legal department matters and special projects as needed.
- Collaborate and interact with business owners, understand their business needs and provide necessary sourcing support in accordance with the Company’s standard processes.
- A minimum of 6+ years of experience, with at least 3 years negotiating and drafting agreements for SaaS solutions.
- J.D. Must be a member in good standing of the State Bar of California or the State Bar of Colorado.
- Strong foundation in SaaS, intellectual property and licensing.
- Ability to negotiate directly with customers, partners and vendors. Experience negotiating with the legal and procurement teams of the Fortune 250.
- Proficiency with information security and data privacy, including Privacy Shield and GDPR.
- Able to understand, interpret and explain contractual terms and conditions and legal principles to business owners and customers.
- Preferred proficiency O365, SFDC, JIRA.
About Model N
Model N is a leading provider of cloud revenue management solutions for life sciences and high tech companies. Driving mission-critical business processes such as pricing, quoting, contracting, regulatory compliance, rebates and incentives, our software helps companies know and grow their true top line and maximize every revenue moment at speed and scale. With deep industry expertise, Model N supports the complex business needs of the world’s leading brands in pharmaceutical, medical technology, semiconductor, and high-tech manufacturing across more than 100 countries, including Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Novartis, Microchip Technology and ON Semiconductor. For more information, visit www.modeln.com. Model N® is the registered trademark of Model N, Inc. Any other company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.