Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work effectively and pragmatically in a corporate environment.
- Actively collaborate with various teams throughout the company such as: marketing, sales, finance, quality, IT, engineering, and other stakeholders.
- Draft and negotiate all manner of contracts.
- Counsel on employment relations matters as needed.
- Interface with outside counsel and manage dispute resolution.
- Assist with corporate governance matters, including board of directors meetings, inter-company agreements, supervising overseas subsidiary meetings.
- Provide guidance to business teams on operational issues, antirust and other regulatory compliance issues
- Assisting with M&A due diligence for target companies.
- Manage and complete additional projects or legal matters assigned by the Sr. Counsel, General Counsel, CFO, or CEO.
Education & Experience:
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and a state bar member in good standing, New Hampshire preferred
- Marketing, economics or finance undergraduate degree preferred (major/minor)
- 2-5 years of experience in a law firm or in-house
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Prior focus in the area of Corporate Law
- Comfortable with a "hands-on" approach and balancing multiple, competing priorities, and changes in scope/direction, all with a high sense of urgency
- Strong work ethic and careful attention to detail
- Excel at understanding complex legal topics and explaining them in clear and concise terms
- Experience with data privacy laws, including GDPR and CCPA.
- Responsive and self-starting, can thrive in ambiguous and collaborative environments with a bias towards problem solving and action
- Sound business judgment with the ability to escalate legal issues when needed.
- Experience with corporate governance is a plus