We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Legal at Vacasa
We like a challenge. You won’t encounter a more unique and complex set of legal issues (almost) anywhere else. As Vacasa continues to grow, the curveballs keep coming...but we love it.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel to support the growth of Vacasa’s business. This position will work closely with our Operations and Integrations teams and be the key legal resource to advise and assist with integration and ongoing legal activities of acquired companies.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with cross-functional integration and operations teams to assist with integration and ongoing legal activities of acquired companies.
- Review and negotiate homeowner, homeowner association, condo association, guest, supplier, and other agreements related to Vacasa’s and acquired companies’ products and services.
- Assist in assimilating acquired companies’ businesses (including legal processes, contracts, insurance programs, IP) into the Vacasa business.
- Review brand and marketing materials.
- Manage employee and contractor legal matters relating to acquired businesses.
- Work with internal legal team to bring acquired business legal and business activities in line with larger company policies and processes.
- Provide training and resources to non-legal staff within your areas of responsibility.
- Assist with other general legal work for the Vacasa business as needed, including review and negotiation of various commercial agreements, management of litigation, oversight of insurance policies, among other tasks.
- Vacasa’s business is constantly evolving, so you can expect to take on additional responsibilities that are different from those listed above.
- Position will be based in either Portland, Oregon or Boise, Idaho.
What We are looking for
- J.D. with membership in at least one state bar.
- At least 7 years experience practicing law.
- A generalist who has experience with corporate, commercial contract, litigation, and intellectual property legal matters in both a law firm and in-house setting.
- A strong work ethic and a drive for innovation.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients with different workstyles and in different locations.
- Proactive and practical problem-solver.
- Detail oriented.
- Confident, mature, and calm under fire.
- Experience working in a legal capacity in hospitality/vacation rental management a plus.
- Expertise with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and online research tools.
- Sense of humor.
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Technology and equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture