Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.
Position OverviewCity Year San José/Silicon Valley seeks a Corporate Development Director to lead the organization’s corporate fundraising efforts. The Corporate Development Director will build engaging and sustainable corporate partnerships that support a growing organization. Reporting to the Managing Director, Development and working closely with site leadership and Board Members, the Corporate Development Director will have direct responsibility over all aspects of 1) corporate donor and prospect management and 2) growing CYSJSV’s corporate revenue by $250k within the first 18 months, in addition to ensuring the renewal of nearly $1.25M in ongoing annual corporate revenue in FY21.
This position represents a unique opportunity to contribute to an organization at an exciting time of corporate revenue diversification. You will have the opportunity to introduce income streams outside of traditional fundraising (e.g., product placement, cause related marketing, etc.) working closely with leadership and the Board of Advisors.
Job Description Responsibilities
- Corporate Partnerships and Revenue (50%):
- Develop and lead aggressive corporate sales and partnership strategies to meet annual corporate giving target.
- Working closely with the Board and leadership, identify, engage, and cultivate a pipeline of corporate prospects that can make annual and multiyear investments at the $25k+ level.
- Leverage existing City Year programs, including Team Sponsorships, corporate service days, our annual gala and specialty market events, and design new initiatives to attract new partners.
- Work closely with the Managing Director, Development to retain and upsell sponsors at the $25K, $50K, and $100K+ levels and lead sale of event sponsorships.
- Leverage and coach City Year leadership, including local, national, and Board leaders, to serve as fundraising team members where necessary
- Manage the local contacts for City Year's national relationships at $500k+ annually, with the opportunity to work on national strategies for growth
- Work closely with Regional Grant Writer, Senior Individual Gifts Manager, and annual grants calendar to submit compelling and timely grant proposals and reports.
- Donor Cultivation and Stewardship (20%)
- Strategize, oversee, and manage Corporate Development Team’s corporate cultivation and stewardship efforts which may include school site visits, corporate service days, investment summits and industry breakfasts.
- Management (15%)
- Manage, lead, and coach the Corporate Development team, including the Corporate Development Manager and Development Coordinator.
- Data and Pipeline Management (10%)
- Develop and maintain strategic moves management plan to direct and monitor the progress of donor relationships
- Working with the Corporate Development Manager, ensure accurate maintenance of donor information, revenue records and collection documentation in Salesforce for a portfolio of donors
- Direct bi-weekly Corporate pipeline meetings with Managing Director, Development and Corporate Development team
- Participate in bi-monthly Development Committee calls with the Managing Director, Development
- Other Organizational Duties and Initiatives (5%):
- All staff members support corps member recruitment, including phone calls and interviews. Staff members also assist with program and service initiatives throughout the year.
- The Corporate Development Director may also supervise one intern to assist in event planning and production, and engaging and stewarding champions and visitors in City Year’s work. The Corporate Development Director is also responsible for other duties as assigned by the Managing Director, Development.
- 5+ years’ experience in sales, fundraising or other relationship management
- Experience building and implementing sales and cultivation strategies with corporate donors
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Ability to translate complex model elements and program ideas into compelling and accessible proposals and pitches
- Experience leading team projects, such as events, volunteer days, and/or complicated proposal and reporting processes
- Entrepreneurial and eager to build a sustainable program
- Strong and compelling oral and written communications
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with corporate fundraising
- Experience with Salesforce
- Project management experience
- Passionate about social justice and equity
- Silicon Valley experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.