Corporate Ergonomist-WIC04489 Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world.Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience.We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way,reducing environmental impact and improving the communities wherewe live and work.
The Corporate Ergonomist is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of a corporate ergonomics program outlining comprehensive processes and management systems. They will train and monitor ergonomic coordinators and other EHS members from various facilities in the implementation of the corporate ergonomics program, as well as lead a cross functional concerted effort to reduce musculoskeletal injuries in a manufacturing environment and provide auditing service to maintain the consistent application of ergonomics processes in various plants.We are looking for a focused team player with proven liaison, coordination and communication skills, current in OSHA/MOL regulations and has a proven track record of success with union workforces.
40% Provide program implementation support to plants, both onsite and remote.
20% Design, develop, and manage programs, systems and software related to ergonomics program implementation and performance metrics.
15% Implement projects that contribute to program implementation, risk mitigation, and MSD reduction across multiple sites or segments.
13% Facilitate and participate in meetings with Corporate and Segment EHS/Ergonomics resources.
10% Assess effectiveness of corporate program by methods such as analyzing quarterly MSD injury statistics.
7% Participate in Global EHS Audits to evaluate the effectiveness of ergonomic program implementation at various sites.
- Bachelor of Science in an ergonomics related field such as Industrial Engineering, Kinesiology, Occupational Safety, or equivalent.
- 5 years of industrial or manufacturing ergonomics experience.
- Direct experience with ergonomics program development, management, and implementation.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise initiative and judgement.
- Influential, self-starter, able to work under limited supervision to meet program goals.
- Strong facilitation, presentation and training skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% based on needs/projects.
- Master of Science degree preferred with a focus on ergonomics or human factors.
- Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE) or equivalent certification.
- Six Sigma, lean manufacturing and/or other systems training and certifications.
- 8 or more years of industrial or manufacturing ergonomics experience.
- Direct experience implementing a multi-site ergonomics program
- Experience in the development of personnel and/or teams to implement ergonomics or EHS programs at the plant level.
#LI-LC1Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.