The Downtown Detroit area is bustling with growth and opportunity, the same can be said for Corporate Finance team housed in the city. They are on the hunt for a self-motived individual who wants to join a fast-paced middle market team.
This role will be focused on buy- and sell-side financial due diligence efforts. We will offer you the chance to work on broad range of privately held business'. Given the entrepreneurial nature and structure of our firm, current employees enjoy that they have a chance to really grow their career at their own pace. Does this sound like a fit for you?
The Analyst is tasked with conducting various industry analyses and constructing the framework of all major deal materials. Analysts are required to produce standardized firm materials as well as ad-hoc projects for Associates and other senior M&A professionals.
- Perform financial analysis for buy and sell-side financial due diligence, including quality of earnings and working capital strategy and analysis
- Exposure to transactional support for M&A, capital raising, restructuring, and traditional sell-side investment banking engagements
- Analyze financial data to assist current or prospective clients on actual or prospective transactions and strategies
- Prepare client deliverables in analytical and written format
- Research potential buyers/investors, potential targets, market trends, and transaction opportunities
- Participate in all stages of a transaction process, from the pitch through deal closing, including attending and traveling to client presentations and meetings
- Identify key issues to discuss with our Clients
- Data room management
- Negotiation support
- Strong quantitative and technical skills with financial modeling training and/or experience
- Creative mindset with ability to distill complex concepts into simple and elegant presentation
- Able to learn quickly, multi-task, adapt to new assignments, and work long hours independently and in teams
- Solid understanding of various verticals, manufacturing industry, capital markets, spreadsheet modeling, and financial statement analysis
- Personable team player, with the ability to gain the confidence and trust of both colleagues and clients
Experience and Education
• This position requires a B.A. / B.S. degree (GPA of 3.0 or higher) in finance, accounting, economics, mathematics or similar concentration. • Minimum of 2 years’ of accounting experiencing including transaction servicesPreferred Qualifications:• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or has demonstrated required minimum number of hours for CPA licensure per respective state regulations• Proven record and ability to manage multiple projects and engagements for various clients• Experience with analyzing a target company’s quality of earnings, EBITDA, working capital, and cash flows• Excellent written and verbal communication, organization, research, and time management skills• Effective written and verbal communication skills in a professional setting• Strong understanding of Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to Excel and PowerPoint