▶Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
- Conducts investigations into theft and fraud incidents occurring throughout the company
- Initiates, investigates and documents all case evidence in a timely and professional manner to maximize investigative case results
- Works cross functionally with Field and Corporate Asset Protection, Legal, Operations and other corporate entities to resolve investigations
- Investigates complex fraud and integrity concerns in conjunction with the Investigations Supervisors oversight
- Oversees cases through their completion, ensuring appropriate recovery response, documentation and follow up
- Upholds a consistent execution of processes and support during litigation; to include the documentation of evidence relating to POS transactions, exception-based reporting, internal and external video and shops
- Executes investigative processes consistently and identifies major areas of vulnerability as it relates to theft
- Appropriately communicates information to the Corporate and Field Asset Protection Team and assists in establishing a resolutions
- Maintains regular communication with the Corporate Investigations Supervisor and other key Asset Protection Partners to align the investigative function with the overall AP strategy
- Associates/2 Yr Degree
- Wicklander-Zulawski Interview/Interrogation Certification preferred
- 1-3 years in investigative and retail operations-related experience, multi-unit preferred or law enforcement experience.
- Demonstrate capacity for gathering/scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions.
- The ability to execute multiple cases at the same time.
- Microsoft Excel, Word experience is required (Must understand how to work with pivot-tables and vlook ups)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to sit in one place for multiple hours reviewing cases and video's.
- Strong analytical knowledge with a comprehensive understanding of retail business acumen.
- Experience in executing investigative research
- MIS experience - understanding of technology, digital platforms, and social media
- Time management