This position is responsible for Control Management across CIB Human Resources. Working in partnership with the Corporate Human Resources Oversight & Control Team and CIB Controls Program Team, to drive all control related activities. These include control review, management, monitoring, and analyzing HR Controls, as well as partnering with the HR teams to update processes, documentation, and training.
Risk & Control
- Management of controls for CIB Human Resources and coordinate all aspects of the Control and Operational Risk Evaluation (CORE) assessment lifecycle including but not limited to planning, substantiation/controls testing and issue/action plan reporting
- Transition from firmwide Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) program to Control and Operational Risk Evaluation (CORE). As these programs become steady state, provide continuous monitoring and serve as the trusted advisor to the business on operational risk, and control matters.
- Manage and execute CIB Markets/DMA HR Control standards, testing, and substantiation of specific transactions including timely communication, coordination with LOB partners
- Driving CORE strategy and ensure that controls are properly designed, operating effectively, and essential to a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
- Partnering with Corporate HR Oversight & Control to ensure consistency across HR and advise, guide, and support Global CIB HR groups by supporting firm-wide strategic initiatives and develop, organize and execute the OLO program for CIB HR
- Ensure Issues and Action Plans resulting from internal reviews, audits and exams are effectively managed and completed
- Collaborate with CIB Control Management Audit, Control Management and Compliance, Operational Risk Oversight, Regulatory Operations Office and Legal to ensure the functions’ processes are appropriately aligned to regulatory and policy requirements
- Manage and execute on the CIB HR’s Business Resiliency Plan (BRP) in accordance with Corporate Policy and CIB best practices including all issues and gaps recorded, action plans for remediation agreed by management and target dates set for resolution. This will incorporate liaison with their counterparts in other regions to ensure interdependencies are identified and accounted for.
- Participate in Business preparedness and recovery in the event of: Bad weather, Hurricane, Loss of Zone; Pandemic; or Loss of Staff
- Ensure regular updates on key control issues are communicated to the global stakeholders, including support of the Business Control Committee meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Manage and execute on annual Clean Desk checks throughout the CIB HR function including communications, coordination of the physical review, follow-up and reporting to summary with recommended remediation.
- Interact with audit to coordinate informed responses to inquiries
- Understand key controls and how they impact the business from an operational perspective.
- Understand and comply with regulatory requirements
- Drive and execute special control projects for the CIB HR organization
- Knowledge of HR Functions, Policy & procedures beneficial but not essential
- Experience in Risk and Control from an HR function or other associated controls or support functions and an understanding of the Risk and Controls Self-Assessment (RCSA) process is highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to articulate the control evaluation results in a meaningful and actionable manner
- Proven ability to prioritize and efficiently complete assignments while maintaining the highest quality
- Ability to think globally and understand implications beyond project specifics
- Excellent judgment and logic to handle sensitive information
- Exceptional problem solving skills as well as the ability to create logical and realistic solutions under tight deadlines
- Work autonomously to affect change - flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, and ability to engage with all levels of staff whether conducting a risk review or awareness training
- Strong interpersonal, and collaboration skills, with the ability to successfully engage a broad range of business partners across various business segments and key support functions, to achieve goals
- Project management, analytical and communication skills are key with the ability to directly address conflicts and escalate issues where appropriate
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to ask questions, challenge the process and seek out answers.