WilmerHale is a leading, full-service international law firm with 1,000 lawyers located throughout 13 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Our lawyers work at the intersection of government, technology and business, and we remain committed to our guiding principles of providing quality, outstanding legal and client services; developing diversity among our lawyers and staff and cultivating an environment that promotes an ambitious spirit, teamwork and collegiality by drawing on the exceptional talents and dynamic experience of our lawyers. Our goal is to reflect the diversity of our clients and the communities in which we practice.
Are you ready to join us?
As a legal secretary, you will deliver excellent work and superior service to our clients; contributes to the Firm’s reputation for excellence by providing highly efficient and effective administrative support to a legal team of attorneys, paralegals and other assigned personnel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring the efficient daily administrative operations of the assigned team. Communicates with attorneys and helps balance the team’s workload to ensure completion of projects within established time frames and quality standards; seeks assistance from the Manager when workload demands and deadlines require.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the technology systems to include but not be limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet. Composes routine and non-routine correspondence for attorney review as requested and also has strong proofreading skills. Demonstrates knowledge of the Firm’s policies and all applicable administrative procedures.
- Provides administrative support to assigned legal team by ensuring the organization of work flow, maintain files in Legal Key, process timesheets, client bills and expense vouchers.
- Assists in organizing work schedule by maintaining calendar and contacts, scheduling appointments and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Proactively supports Firm-wide client service initiatives. Provides quality service to internal departments and external parties by interacting professionally and displaying a “can do” attitude via electronic and print correspondence, when answering telephone calls, taking and relaying messages, greeting visitors and coordinating attorney, client or other inquiries in the absence of the attorney. Maintains a professional relationship with other legal counsel, courts, agencies and professional organizations with whom the attorney(s) works. Acts as liaison with the Firm’s internal service departments to ensure the provision of quality services to the legal team and WilmerHale’s clients.
- Demonstrates teamwork by providing secretarial and administrative support to neighboring legal teams, or, as requested by the Secretarial Resources Manager, whenever workload permits; contributes to the assimilation and training of new legal and support staff.
- Assists legal team with non-client matters, which may include miscellaneous work, generated from outside activities and “pro bono” legal work.
- Contributes to the Firm’s Service Excellence initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally. Displays professionalism, quality service and a “can do” attitude to internal members/departments of the Firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Extensive software skills required, as well as Internet research abilities.
- Candidates should be flexible, have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients.
- Proficiency in spelling, grammar, proofreading and writing skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- BA/BS preferred
- 2+ years administrative experience, preferably in legal or professional services organization, a plus.
WilmerHale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.