Seeking a superstar for this full-time, direct-hire role! If you have a combination of Paralegal experience in a corporate environment, as well as from a law firm, we encourage you to apply! The Corporate Paralegal will provide assistance to the corporate legal staff through the exercise of professional skill and expertise
General Duties and Responsibilities (This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Perform legal research, analysis and summary of complex reports for review by the corporate attorneys.
- Coordinates and supervises the preparation of legal documents and coordinates with the attorneys in representation of the corporation
- Drafts complex legal documents and correspondence for review and approval by attorneys
- Provides timely responses to requesting departments and assists outside counsel as requested
- Maintains activity log to ensure prompt action by the appropriate corporate department
- Assists attorneys in planning, organizing, coordinating and tracking programs and projects associated with various legal matters.
- Works with all departments in the corporation to ensure timely handling and completion of the company's legal activities.
- Conducts training programs for management and company personnel regarding legal issues.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Paralegal training and certification required, preferably from an ABA accredited institution
- 5+ years of paralegal experience in a law firm as well as a corporate legal department
- Proficient in computer PC skills, including but not limited to MS Office including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and the Internet
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Strong organization, human relation and communication skills
Biter & Associates, LLC is a professional search firm specializing in direct-hire recruiting/ placement and human resource services. No fee is ever charged to the candidate. All fees are paid by the companies that hire you.
You must be able to provide a minimum of 3 professional references, a verifiable work/education history.
Candidates must pass a criminal background check and a drug screen. Candidates for this role must be a U.S. citizen.