ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches, prioritizes, delegates and follows up on incoming issues and concerns submitted through the Legal inbox and Legal’s electronic portal site, ensuring tasks are completed in accordance with quality guidelines. Recommends appropriate course of action when applicable, or delegates as deemed appropriate based on subject matter, expertise or involved party. Generally keeping the legal inbox at zero or close to zero at the close of the business day, and ensuring all legal requests are responded to within 48 hours.
- Manages the Legal department’s intranet site to ensure information and policies are updated as needed and site continues to provide necessary tools and resources for internal clients. Semi-annual review and updates (as needed) of the intranet site, policies and tools unless more frequency is required.
- Provides support on various ongoing legal and special projects for, and at the direction of, the attorneys, ensuring deadlines/objectives are met, relating but not limited to: audits, litigation, risk assessments, and organizational restructuring. Provides updates and communicates to COEs affected as deemed necessary.
- Oversees and supports Legal COE’s initiation and management of visa cases for sponsored foreign national employees in accordance with USCIS guidelines to obtain work authorization and ensure compliance throughout employee’s tenure. Frequent communication with outside and internal counsel, internal and external visa candidates and recruiters is critical for a smooth and accurate processes. Ensure records and progress spreadsheets are current and available for review and coordination upon request.
- Acts as a liaison between outside legal counsel on certain legal matters such as immigration and civil lawsuits. Reviews all filing materials prepared by outside counsel for accuracy and oversees management of cases while remaining attorneys informed of progress.
- Responsible for corporate governance matters for 150+ domestic related or affiliated entities and subsidiaries including (i) initial filings or amendments with the state; (ii) drafting minutes for board of directors meetings; (iii) creating and maintaining corporate books; (iv) drafting necessary documentation; (v) preparing, processing and maintaining any other regulatory filings (i.e. state qualification filings).
- Reviews, tracks and triages legal department invoices within 72 hours of receipt for approval and allocation and processes them for payment while maintaining a categorized log of expenses for yearly review. Tracks invoices against planned and estimated budget expenses, considering money saving efforts where possible.
- Manages the legal department’s calendar which includes scheduling calls, meetings, conferences and department activities for all members of the department while assisting attorneys with managing scheduling conflicts and time management concerns based on priorities.
- Coordinates depositions of employees, and their preparation time with an inhouse attorney, for litigation matters as well as non-party claims, and reviews subpoenas for accuracy.
- Conducts legal research on new topics and issues of concern; provides analysis and recommendations in memorandum, or other form as requested.
- Maintains organization of the Legal shared folder where all templates and legal files are stored.
- Creates template documents and implements processes in order to assist in Legal department’s efficiency.
- Drafts correspondence based on requests initiated to the department from internal clients.
- Manages the Legal Department’s administrative tasks which include scanning, copying, preparing mailings, ordering office supplies, receiving and dispersing mail, addressing technical issues with IT, filing, answering phones and keeping detailed messages.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of the corporate structure, prioritize and handle numerous competing demands in a high-volume, fast-paced working environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented with exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills and a strong customer-service orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with spoken and written fluency in English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Must be able to multitask and handle high-stress, sensitive situations with a high degree of confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!