Actuant Corporation, founded in 1910, is a $1.2B diversified industrial company serving customers from operations in more than 30 countries. The Actuant businesses are leaders in a broad array of niche markets including branded hydraulic tools and solutions; specialized products and services for energy markets and highly engineered position and motion control systems.
Our vision is to provide customers with the mission critical tools, systems and services that enable safe and productive solutions, while earning superior returns for Actuant shareholders. We can only achieve this vision by hiring top talent. Come join a global company that has a motivated, customer-oriented, and continuous improvement focused workforce with huge opportunity for career growth and development.
Our company is headquartered across from a park in beautiful Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, and we have many exciting perks including a robust wellness program, scholarships and tuition reimbursement, and flexible working hours. We also have a newly updated café and an on-site gym with a personal trainer.
Actuant trades on the NYSE under the symbol ATU. For further information on Actuant and its businesses, visit the Company’s website at www.actuant.com, or visit the links below:
Job Title: Corporate Paralegal
Location: Menomonee Falls, WI
Overview of Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for providing a high-level of paralegal support for various functions and duties within the legal department, primarily in the areas of corporate law and corporate governance. Specific duties generally will relate to maintenance of Actuant’s legal entities, supporting corporate transactions and overseeing corporate records management on a global basis.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
(including formation and dissolution)
- Update and maintain corporate organization structure, including:
- Assisting tax department with subsidiary structure charts
- Creating and maintaining an accurate database of legal entities and key corporate records (such as resolutions, powers of attorney, articles of incorporation and by-laws)
- Maintaining corporate minute books for Actuant and all subsidiaries
- Maintaining corporate seals, stock certificates and stock ledgers
- Tracking and implementing changes to subsidiary shareholding and management (including changes to boards of directors)
- Develop, oversee and enforce policies and procedures regarding corporate subsidiary maintenance
- Oversee the establishment and dissolution of legal entities
- Preparing and reviewing relevant documentation
- Ensuring compliance with local corporate legal requirements
- Managing foreign legal counsel
- Coordinating collaboration among Actuant’s tax department and external tax and legal advisors
- Ensure Actuant and its subsidiaries remain in good standing and comply with regulatory requirements, including:
- Calendaring and coordinating timely subsidiary board and stockholder meetings, including preparation and documentation of all required notices, waivers, meeting agendas, minutes, resolutions and approvals
- Overseeing the preparation of required corporate filings with secretaries of state, foreign commercial registers or similar regulatory authorities
- Serve as focal point for, and manage, Actuant’s corporate services vendors
- Coordinate with Actuant’s finance and tax department to track and maintain records of intercompany financial transactions, including lending arrangements and parent guarantees among and between Actuant and its subsidiaries
SUPPORT FOR CORPORATE TRANSACTIONS
- Provide support for legal entity transactions, including financings and M&A, with quick response time to issues, including
- Drafting resolutions, powers of attorney, approvals and other necessary documentation
- Coordinating execution of transactional documents on behalf of legal entities
- Ensuring transactions are executed in accordance with established authority levels
- Coordinate legalizing and apostilling documents
- Create and maintain library for records of significant corporate transactions, such as M&A transactions, debt and financing transactions and other critical corporate transactions
- Assist with acquisition and divestitures, including with organization of data rooms and diligence materials and preparation of closing documents
- Maintain corporate and legal department files/records in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Review and advise on corporate records retention policy to conform to requirements of jurisdictions where Actuant operates and all applicable regulatory developments
- Establish procedures for records retention program to meet company standards
- Monitor corporate records retention practices to verify compliance with corporate document retention policy
- Assess the overall effectiveness of the records management program and make recommendations for software options and storage facilities that would increase efficiency
- Draft and compose routine legal documents, correspondence and memoranda in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist Executive Administrator for the legal department with vendor invoices, quarterly reserves and accruals process and other financial or budgetary processes, as required
- Research requirements and assist with actions to obtain or maintain licenses in states where the company intends to do business
- Assist in legal department M&A due diligence
- Provide research on case law and legal topics as assigned by manager. Analyze data and make recommendations based on research
- Complete other duties as assigned by manager in an accurate and timely manner
- 7+ years related experience as a corporate law paralegal.
- Solid understanding of corporate law and corporate secretarial principles, including familiarity with filing procedures and regulatory requirements for corporations, partnerships, LLCs, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to handle time pressure and manage and prioritize multiple, complex projects concurrently.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with executive officers.
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office suite of products.
Additional desired qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal training program
- Experience with, and support of, a global enterprise
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Actuant offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Choose opportunity choose Actuant!
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer