The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood biomass solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of wood pellets, which provide a low carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland with operational headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina. The company owns and operates manufacturing facilities in Florida, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. Each location is home to a team of experts dedicated to managing safety, quality, and reliability while ensuring a seamless supply of renewable products that exceed customers’ expectations around the globe.
At Enviva, we value our people, our forests, and our communities. Together, we serve our customers with the professionalism of a global leader and the entrepreneurial spirit of a company that is redefining the future of renewable energy today.
Join us—and join a team with purpose.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for Enviva corporate procurement categories. This manager will plan, organize, and control all activities related to the procurement function including supplier and contract management; will develop annual procurement plans by working with corporate leaders to identify strategic categories; and will ensure an efficient and effective procurement process which reliably meets stakeholder requirements and drive down cost of corporate operations.
- Assist the Director to develop, implement and continuously improve a best-in-class strategic procurement organization and all respective strategic processes as the champion for the corporate area
- Ensure execution of all common procurement strategies including strategic sourcing, supplier management, contract management in coordination with other corporate functions
- Plan, organize and execute all sourcing activities related to the procurement function and participate in procurement process and systems implementation and continuous improvement
- Evaluate spend categories to determine priority, definition, and parameters of commodities
- Determine areas for strategic sourcing of equipment, supplies, and services with corporate stakeholders
- Create procurement category plans and ensure adequate strategy implementation
- Gather and evaluate market information concerning vendor practices and benchmark with others in the industry
- Guide structured review of vendor industry, economics, and market conditions
- Establish vendor selection criteria; review vendor responses, contracts, bids, proposals, agreements, purchase orders and contract claims
- Execute opportunities timely and report value and savings achieved.
- Develop vendor performance standards and measurements
- Assist organization to adopt decisions regarding sourcing and transactional processes, policies, strategies, and projects
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 8 years successful experience in procurement of corporate spending categories.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree is desirable
- Direct hands-on experience in sourcing information technology, telecom, employee benefits, facility/property management, audit/consulting, legal, print, and travel
- Demonstrated success in all areas of procurement management including financial modeling and analyses, cross-functional collaboration, business acumen and the ability to drive sourcing and leverage procurement Technology
- Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership and change management leadership
- Demonstrated ability to gain company-wide support for center-led initiatives
- Ability to conduct a high level of qualitative and quantitative research, analysis and synthesis
- Best practices knowledge and strong experience with strategic sourcing, procurement, and contracting
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or other professional procurement accreditation highly desirable (or a plus)
This is an individual contributor leader driving and executing the corporate procurement activities and will be expected to achieve value and savings targets in the corporate spend area.