Corporate Purchasing Manager (CPM) implements and monitors the companies purchasing and trade contracting policies to ensure quality, consistency & speed across all Divisions. The CPM is also responsible for National Account development through the strategic alignment of products and/or services.
- Implement, manage & train on systems and processes that afford speed and accuracy at the Division level related to trade onboarding & contract/ data management.
- Systematic & Routine analysis of company costing structure & procedures to reduce overages or budgeting shortfalls at the Division level.
- Strategic partnerships with the Product Development team to ensure the most cost-effective designs and material applications are considered.
- Develop / manage national and regional rebate programs through the strategic alignment of products and/or services that are mutually beneficial to both the Division and the company.
- Facilitate routine strategy meetings with all company Purchasing Managers and Regional VP of Operations.
- Lead purchasing software implementations or revisions to ensure efficient and effective processing of all purchasing related data.
- 5 years minimum experience in procurement (preferably in production home building)
- New Star software experience is HIGHLY desirable
- Works well and communicates clearly & consistently across multi-functional teams
- Ability to properly forecast, communicate and meet project deliverable dates.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to proactively manage risk
- Experience managing and/or implementing Purchasing databases.