Our mission is quality care.
Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our patients, residents and their families.
Our employees make a difference, join us so you can too! We pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of life for our employees, patients and residents.
The primary responsibility is to ensure the finance department is functioning effectively and performs reporting requirements in a timely manner within an environment of internal controls. Oversee the general accounting function as well as participate in the annual external audit. Establish, maintain, and improve standardized procedures for field financial staff to ensure consistent and accurate reporting of data in an efficient manner. Manage and provide leadership to the Corporate Financial Analyst staff to ensure timely output of analytical data to Operations teams. Ensure the application of GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance throughout the organization, with guidance from finance leaders and auditors as necessary. Participate in budget process/development annually.
Includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Responsible for accurate reflection of the company’s financial position on the balance sheet, income statement, monthly/quarterly internal reporting, MD&A, assets, etc.
- Provide income statement expense review and variance explanations
- Oversee and review balance sheet reconciliations
- Provides guidance to the Operations team of various revenue or expense opportunities
- Operates in a financial liaison capacity within the Company and with external inquiries, such as audits
- Responsible for departmental policies and procedures, providing recommendations when appropriate
- Performs department employee work performance, hiring, training, and attendance
- Responsible for protecting company assets
- Other duties as assigned
- This is a working manager position. Qualified candidates MUST be hands on.
- HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. LTACH experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting or Finance. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Accounting.
- Minimum of two (2) years Accounting Department supervisory experience
- Ability to work cross functionally with all levels to perform job duties
- Proficient in the use of personal computer including the Microsoft Suite
- On Site Cafeteria
- Gym Memberships
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Free Food and Coffee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Military Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Professional Development
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Merchandise Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation/paid time off
- Long Term Disability
- Paid sick days
- Subsidized Commuting
- Employee Events
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance