Sheppard Mullin Richter and Hampton LLP is seeking full time Corporate Staff Attorneys (Classes of 2016 through 2019) in its Century City office (with remote options available). Candidates should possess excellent written and verbal skills and demonstrate strong project and time management skills in a fast-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates interested in high-level transactional work at a AmLaw 100 firm.
The position involves conducting due diligence and providing other junior-level support for M&A and finance transactions as part of an innovative team of trained corporate specialists. Responsibilities include reviewing agreements and corporate documents, drafting legal summaries, preparing due diligence reports and disclosure schedules, working with legal specialists and preparing client presentations. Corporate staff attorneys also draft, review, and revise resolutions, ancillary transaction documents, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Active member of the California State Bar in good standing (or passed bar exam with admission pending).
- Strong academic credentials and/or relevant work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, professional manner for client interactions.
- Ability to take ownership of discrete projects and be able to work without direct supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines, both on own and as part of a team.
- Available to work overtime.
A resume, law school transcript and cover letter are required to apply for this position. Please tell us where you saw this position posted.
No Agencies/Third-Party Recruiters/Headhunters