JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at .
Control Management (CM) maintains a strong and consistent control environment across the firm. With Control Managers appointed for each Line of Business, Function and Region, there is a comprehensive coverage and joint accountability model with the business executive that promotes early operational risk identification and assessment, effective design and evaluation of controls and sustainable solutions to mitigate operational risk.
Control Management focuses on four areas:
1) Control design and expertise
2) Risks and controls identification/assessment
3) Control breaks and resolution
4) Control governance & reporting
The Firmwide Risk Control Management Team will partner with all other control disciplines, adding an additional line of defense supporting Compliance, Risk and Audit, among others. The Team will work in partnership on the development of new, and oversight of existing, control functions and protocols throughout the Firm and will provide a centralized view of and from all control functions, assisting in immediate, real time problem detection and escalation. This process will enable the firm to engage the appropriate teams in a timely manner, and provide the ability to quickly remediate critical control issues across all the impacted areas of the firm.
Control Management team has members globally across the US, EMEA, Asia and Latin America, and as such, will bring a global perspective and globally coordinated approach to compliance oversight.
The below describes the duties performed by an individual working within this group, specifically supporting the Risk function in Wholesale Credit Risk.
· Dynamic role in Firmwide Risk Controls to assist and lead management of monthly committees and forums, regulatory related initiatives and ad hoc presentations including coordinate senior management meetings, develop commentary, establish agendas, timelines and prepare related materials
· In partnership with stakeholders, evaluate and perform an end-to-end analysis of the risk and control environment to identify significant gaps and weaknesses and determine root cause of control breaks
· Ensure that controls are properly designed, operating effectively, and essential to a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
· Perform ongoing analysis of program related data (e.g., KRI/KPI) and develop ad-hoc reports as requested to support business-related programs and strategies
· Assist with development of Risk & Control Self-Assessment mapping and documentations through participation in end-to-end process walkthroughs and deep dives with assigned business units
· Maintain standard management reporting, including metrics and report on material breaches
· Perform analyses of common and recurring control weaknesses, and monitor results and trends in other relevant indicators
· Evaluate, analyze and track issues and action plans to ensure progress toward planned completion dates
· Support for regulatory coordination and remediation efforts and liaise with Internal Audit to review the schedules, status of engagements, potential areas of concerns
· Represent Control Management for Risk projects including regulatory and exam support which includes providing controls oversight and guidance to business partners
· Develop and deliver training sessions / programs as needed
· Drive risk and control identification, risk assessment and ranking (inherent and residual risk analysis), control evaluation (design, validation, findings & conclusions) and rating, and reporting and analysis of results
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
· 7 years of experience in financial services industry with background in controls, audit, quality assurance, operational risk management, or compliance preferred; or equivalent subject matter expertise in a relevant business related function/operation
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) required and data analytics preferred using Excel, Access
· Wholesale Business knowledge - ability to understand the business / knowledge of regulation surrounding business
· Communication/presentation - excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence business leaders in a meaningful and actionable manner
· Networking – strong interpersonal skills; strong collaboration and relationship building skills
· Work autonomously to affect change - flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
· Decision Making/Judgement - moderate level of independent decision making using sound judgement
· Problem solving / Analytical skills - solid critical thinking, attention to detail and analytical skills; able to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate appropriate conclusions
o Understanding root cause / identifying control breaks
o Developing timely and sustainable solutions
o Analyze metrics for emerging risk
· Implementation skills
o Writing Action Plans, Procedures
o Project and Change Management
· Knowledge of key Financial Institution regulations and background with the Financial Services Industry and understanding of Risk Management areas
· Ability to gain consensus among staff and effectively drive initiatives to completion with keen attention to detail
· Inquisitive and proactive team player
· Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadline