The Opportunity: Tooele County is currently accepting applications to establish a roster for a Corrections Deputy with the Tooele County Sheriff's Department
This opportunity includes this great comprehensive benefit package:
- Uniform allowance
- 401 K match, health, dental, life, vision insurance
- Participating Utah Retirement Services (URS) member
- Every other weekend off
- Experienced officers can be considered for Deputy II-III position
- Access to 24 hour a day new gym
- PTO leave as well as 11 paid holidays
Applicants who are certified must also attach a copy of the certification with their employment application. Applicants who are not certified must attach a copy of their written P.O.S.T. exam. Please attach all diplomas and certifications you may have acquired for verification.
A passing physical fitness and interview will be scheduled as soon as all applications are submitted. Physical test requirements are as follows: 15 in vertical leap, 25 sit-ups in 1 min., 16 reps push-ups nonstop no time limit, 1.5 mile run in 15:37 min.
POST Certified applicants will NOT need to take a physical fitness test.
POSITION DUTIES: Will maintain the security of the Tooele County Detention Facility and will uphold order and ensure prisoner welfare.
Corrections Deputy P- $19.89:
- Graduation from high school or GED; 2 years of responsible work experience
- Must have the ability to be qualified in the use of firearms in order to serve in a bailiff or transportation of prisoner position
- Must successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation, drug testing and a psychological evaluation 19 years of age at the time of hire.
- A citizen of the United States; a resident of the State of Utah
- Must possess and maintain a valid Utah Driver's License; No disqualifying criminal history; No DUI convictions in the past two years.
Corrections Deputy I- $21.93: Meet the minimum requirements for a Corrections Deputy P; Successful completion of POST Academy; Must complete all field training.
Corrections Deputy II- $24.18: Meet the minimum qualifications for a Corrections Deputy I; a minimum of two (2) years as a certified corrections deputy.
Corrections Deputy III- $27.99: Meet the minimum qualifications for a Corrections Deputy II; a minimum of five (5) years as a certified corrections deputy; forty (40) hours of POST approved training per year.
Applicants selected for hire will be given a conditional job offer based on successfully passing all phases of the selection process, a comprehensive background investigation, drug test, eye exam and psychological examination