Angel Oak Mortgage Solutions is pioneering a fresh approach to today’s mortgage lending challenges, offering a breadth of alternative lending products to allow partners to grow their retail business and better serve their customers. A highly entrepreneurial organization that embraces a strong service-based culture, Angel Oak was named a Top 150 Workplace by the Atlanta Journal Constitution the past four years.
Communicate with correspondents, third party vendors and internal customers on loans submitted to purchase. Review, sort and label loan conditions and documents uploaded to the loan file. Work as the liaison between the client, due diligence firm and the underwriter to ensure the client has an exemplary experience while allowing the underwriter to focus on loan reviews. Perform all duties in accordance with Angel Oak policies, procedures, guidelines and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Help the customer navigate Angel Oak’s systems and processes.
- Sort and label loan conditions allowing the underwriter and/or due diligence firm to easily identify items ready for review.
- Act as the filter for the Underwriter by handling client inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Act as the filter for due diligence review and communicate conditions needed in a clear and concise manner to the client.
- Upload compliance conditions to the due diligence firm for review.
- Monitor your existing loan pipeline. Ensure loans are progressing through the system as required. Follow up on loans experiencing delays.
- Collaborate with sales, underwriting, due diligence regarding loans submitted to those departments and timelines for completion.
- Advise the secondary marketing team when the loan is ready for purchase.
- Complete all company required compliance testing.
- Participate in all required trainings as determined by the leadership team.
- Ensure all Angel Oak policies are adhered to.
- Participate in group projects and activities as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and overtime during peak business flow (occurs at month-end). Must work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Ability to establish a professional and collaborative working relationship with company associates and external parties.
- Ability to motivate self.
- Ability to communicate effectively with company associates and external parties to provide information regarding loan status, to retrieve documents, and to explain company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment so that company efficiency and productivity standards are met; perform tasks accurately; organize work to meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
- Knowledge of real estate and lending terminology and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to perform mortgage lending calculations.
- Extensive background in mortgage lending compliance requirements.
- Ability to organize and plan work to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines in fast-paced environment.
- Understand organizational priorities and the business reasons for them.
- Evaluates the impact of actions.
- Collaborates with others to define problems and desired outcomes.
- Identifies underlying issues and root causes of problems.
- Gets others to take action.
- Cultivates relationships throughout the organization.
- Works for the best solution rather than own solution.
- Expresses disagreement tactfully and with sensitivity.
- Maintains composure under stress and pressure.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years mortgage experience required.
- 2+ years mortgage compliance experience, preferred.
Angel Oak Mortgage Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.