VTG Group is seeking Corrosion Control Technicians located in Kaneohe Bay, HI.
- Assist, train, and demonstrate the best methods of prevention, inspection and treatment of corrosion. Provide advice on supply support problems, and/or cross-reference of manufacturer-to-Navy part numbers.
- Assist the Government in developing training plans and identifying corrosion control training programs, which will ensure Navy and Marine Corps personnel are trained to prevent, inspect and treat corrosion.
- Provide advice on the identification of, and instruction on the use of special tools, handling equipment, and test equipment associated with and related to corrosion control.
- Provide technical advice and assistance in accident investigations, failure data reports, and material deficiency reports. Provide corrosion control information to operations and maintenance personnel.
- The Equipment Specialist will provide on-site technical support to operating units, commands and shore-based industrial activities to analyze and identify corrosion control discrepancies in maintenance procedures contained in the most current versions of technical manuals for weapon systems/equipment; compare performance of actual weapon systems/equipment corrosion control procedures against the corrosion control procedures documented in these weapon systems/equipment technical manuals.
- Provide recommended changes to existing weapon systems/equipment corrosion control technical manuals in technical reports for use by the Government in preparing Technical Publications Deficiency Reports.
- Perform evaluation of maintenance occurrences to the criteria identified in the weapon systems/equipment TMs to ensure conformance with weapon systems/equipment corrosion control objectives; determine the cause of weapon systems/equipment corrosion damage and other corrosion related problems and recommend corrective actions to the Government.
- Perform on-site analysis of weapon systems/equipment corrosion control deficiencies/failures, in accordance with the requirements of appropriate technical manuals and provide advice on the development of resolutions.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED and Technical Training in a relevant technical field.
- At least five years of practical hands-on experience within the past seven years.
- Experience should be in direct support of the systems and/or equipment defined in the position. Two years of experience must have been at or above the military E5 level or the non-military equivalent: Senior Journeyman Level, Senior Electronics or Engineering Technician level, etc.
- Optional sources include:
- Navy A and/or C schools or service equivalent schools.
- Accredited Vocational Education Institutions.
- OEM/Factory technical training programs related to the system(s)/equipment being supported.
- Must have ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
This position is contingent upon contract award.