Are you looking to join a well-established international company that is continuously growing, both organically and through acquisitions? If so, this role may be perfect to you. My client is looking for a Cost Accountant that is interested in using their experience and skills to make a difference. They are also dedicated to making sure you are set up for success today and into the future.
Assists Cost Accounting Manager in multiple areas of accounting, including inventory control, variance analysis, sales analysis, account reconciliation’s, payroll backup and month-end closing. Prepare daily, monthly, and quarterly reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree - Accounting with four years of related experience.
- Detailed knowledge of cost accounting and understanding of document flow into cost reports
- Good communication skills
- General knowledge of personal computers and software (i.e. Excel, Access); ten key
- SAP and JDE experience preferred.
- Prepares weekly and monthly inventory reconciliations to ensure current and accurate balances
- Maintains/coordinates inventory cycle count system researches significant count variances
- Records cost variances to general ledger; investigates significant differences
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports on production spoilage and rework costs
- Prepares sales and costs of sales journal entries, flash reports corporate statements
- Prepares reconciliation’s for specified current asset accounts
- Prepares journal entries to support month-end close
- Prepares month-end corporate statements (inventory, variances, sales/cost of sales activity)
- Prepares monthly reporting package distributed to managers
- Performs audit on annual standard cost revision; tests new standard costs for accuracy
- Coordinates annual physical inventory, if necessary
- Assists Accounting Manager in of cost accounting controls and audit reports
Authority: Reviews significant transactions, determine and conduct research as needed