Remedy is excited to partner with an innovative manufacturing solutions company in Erie, PA as they search for a knowledgeable Cost Accountant to join their team.
Cost Accountant Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Reporting and analysis of monthly business performance, specifying and comparing factors affecting profitability of products produced with comparison to standard and quoted costs.
- Review and provide analysis of significant variances of actual to standard manufacturing costs and make recommendations for improvement (PPV, Material Usage variance, Labor Rate and Usage Variances, Overhead Spending Variances).
- Review completed manufacturing orders and review variances with operations team.
- Review and standard cost roll all new items or changes to existing items received through the ECN process.
- Establish schedule for items to be counted and coordinate inventory cycle program.
- Monitor raw material standard costs and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of controls in cost accounting system.
- Compile and develop information to be used in operating budget preparation including material costs, labor costs and overhead spending costs by P&L line item.
- Conduct standards rolls at year end including verification of all material costs, routers, bills of materials, labor rates, material overhead rates and manufacturing overhead rates.
- Calculates recommendations for direct labor and factory overhead burden rates by work center.
- Drives continuous improvement programs to reduce product costs and efficiency improvements to reach goals and KPI’s.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Three (3) or more years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing setting
- Expertise in MS Excel includes pivot tables, lookups, complex formulas and creating graphs/charts
This Cost Accounting plays a key role in the overall business operations of this organization. If you are a knowledgeable team player looking to join an innovative organization, this is a great opportunity to make that move! Apply today for immediate consideration.