The Cost Accountant analyzes manufacturing processes and costs to establish standard labor, material and overhead associated with the product. She/he assists managers by identifying opportunities for cost containment and outsourcing; projects gross margins to aid in pricing decisions; completes month end journal entries; manages the cost reduction scorecard; supports taking of physical inventory and / or cycle counting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analyzes manufacturing costs to establish standard labor and overhead rates for coming year
- Analyzes shop work order costing and works with the management team to understand / report significant variances
- Prepares monthly reports, inventory and operating expense variance reports, Cost Accounting Report (CAR)
- Reconciles inventory monthly and prepares month end cost, inventory journal entries and other month-end close transactions
- Assists Sales organization in projecting gross margins for projects and new products
- Assists Marketing with Price Book updates
- Assists in annual budget preparation
- Completes the E&O (Excess & Obsolete) model quarterly
- Tracks and reports site Cost Reductions via the scorecard
- Supports annual Physical Inventory process.
- The plan is for this position to supervise 3 or more Cycle Counters after six months of training.
- Participates in Operations Management team meetings (Lean Manufacturing, Process improvement, Cost Reduction)
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Frequent overtime required during Month End Closing and for other projects.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Supervisory and/or project leadership experience preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and multi-task in order to meet deadlines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Applications
No calls or agencies please. Will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.