COST ACCOUNTANT II
Our client is a leading manufacturer of products for the life science research and clinical diagnostics markets. They have over $2B in sales and locations throughout North and South America, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific. They are seeking an Out of the Box thinker and dynamic Cost Accountant II for their HQ located in Hercules, CA.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Product costing mainly Hercules and other locations as required.
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 Approvals.
- Assists in the preparation of analysis of manufacturing performance for the site.
- Provides support to the cost accounting manager in translating cost data into useful information.
- Assists the cost accounting manager to review costing data for multiple locations.
- Assists the annual Standard Cost.
- Business partner with Manufacturing Management to collect and report cost data and reporting metrics at the plant level.
- Conducts research and performs analysis on manufacturing and purchase price variances.
- Partners with business to understand key manufacturing projects and how they impact costs and operations.
- Performs other month end close and reporting duties.
- WIP aging analysis.
- Works with Engineering to review BOM and Router changes.
- Scrap reviews with QA.
- Supports the Direct Fixed Labor, Setup and Direct Labor Variable correction project.
- Material Burden Calculation for NorCal.
- Coordinates with the North America cost accounting team to implement best practice.
- Special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Ability to effectively communicate at various organizational levels.
- 2-5 years’ experience in cost accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SAP experience is a must.
- Ability to work in cross-functional and remote teams.
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of GAAP and sound understanding of financial statement mechanics.
- Multi-Tasking: Able to work on multiple priorities at the same time.
- Works effectively cross functionally within the organization.